HEAVY LEATHER

Craigslist Score

Just picked up some tools on craigslist. The guy was askin 125, and I think I got a pretty sweet deal. I got 2 swivel knives, 2 sets of letters, a mallet a couple books and 70 stamps(18 rbs,19 midas,8 craftool no number,6 no USA, and 9 stamped USA, and 10 no name). If anyone out there knows where to find replacement faces for this style mallet and could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

post-25442-089300900 1344711564_thumb.jp

post-25442-023667200 1344711580_thumb.jp

post-25442-026059300 1344711593_thumb.jp

post-25442-010863700 1344711614_thumb.jp

post-25442-061632100 1344711633_thumb.jp

Check with an industrial supplier like MSC.

With what you saved on the tools you got, bear down and buy a really good mallet from BEARMAN, or his son BEARY! You still will be way ahead of the curve. Good find!!!

You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Kevin

Just picked up some tools on craigslist. The guy was askin 125, and I think I got a pretty sweet deal. I got 2 swivel knives, 2 sets of letters, a mallet a couple books and 70 stamps(18 rbs,19 midas,8 craftool no number,6 no USA, and 9 stamped USA, and 10 no name). If anyone out there knows where to find replacement faces for this style mallet and could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

Whereabouts in Arkansas are you?

Check with an industrial supplier like MSC.

Thanks Doc for the help, looks like MSC only carries the actual mallet(no replacement parts), but they do carry a whole bunch of other things to spend some of my hard earned greenbacks on. Might have to retire the poor thing before i ever get a chance to use it.

Thanks Doc for the help, looks like MSC only carries the actual mallet(no replacement parts), but they do carry a whole bunch of other things to spend some of my hard earned greenbacks on. Might have to retire the poor thing before i ever get a chance to use it.

Here is the page for MSC they do sell just the mallet faces, however the faces will probably cost as much or more then a new one at harbor freight. MSC lists 191 mallet faces if you know the brand they can probably help you.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/eCommerce/NavigationServlet/Hand-Tools/Hammers-Striking-Demolition-Tools/Hammers-Mallets/Replacement-Handles-Heads-Faces/Replacement-Heads-Faces/_/N-77f29?refinement=4290221656&searchandizedOk=Y

I second the Bearman Mauls

Edited by camano ridge

With what you saved on the tools you got, bear down and buy a really good mallet from BEARMAN, or his son BEARY! You still will be way ahead of the curve. Good find!!!

You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, does bear have a site where he sells them or should I just contact him on here? Maybe I'll talk the wife into gettin me one for Christmas.:P

Whereabouts in Arkansas are you?

Bentonville

Thanks Kevin, does bear have a site where he sells them or should I just contact him on here? Maybe I'll talk the wife into gettin me one for Christmas.:P

Bentonville

I'm not Kevin but here is Eds Face book page, address of gallery of Eds work and his email address.

http://www.facebook.com/edbearman.bearmauls

http://tinyurl.com/BearMauls

PolarB1717@aol.com

kodiak50004@aol.com (This is Beary's email Ed's son. He also does the mauls and burnishers.

Here are pictures of the mauls I got from ED. Pure quality.

Scott

post-15001-071964300 1344737488_thumb.jp

post-15001-015515200 1344737502_thumb.jp

I'm not Kevin but here is Eds Face book page, address of gallery of Eds work and his email address.

http://www.facebook.com/edbearman.bearmauls

http://tinyurl.com/BearMauls

PolarB1717@aol.com

kodiak50004@aol.com (This is Beary's email Ed's son. He also does the mauls and burnishers.

Here are pictures of the mauls I got from ED. Pure quality.

Scott

Thanks Scott, Eds work looks amazing. I will definitely be contacting him soon.

Thanks Tree Reaper, got em ordered.. Hopefully they fit.

Nice, I'm down the road in Lowell. Meeting a lady in Fayetteville tomorrow to see her tools she wants to sell.