Sign in to follow this  
wantmorelandandcattle

Finished 2 Rein Bosal

Here's a couple of picture of a two rein I just finished. Since I haven't posted anything in a while, I though I would share this. Hope you like it!

DSCN3797.JPG

DSCN3798.JPG

post-5606-126912578629_thumb.jpg

post-5606-126912581503_thumb.jpg

Nice work. How many hours into this do you have?

Brian...

very nice i like the patern changes you made. is this a single string with interweaves or a multistring nose button?

over all looks very nice.

Very nice! I to think the pattern change looks good.

Rob

Great work. Your nose button is beautiful, and so is your heel knot.

Thanks everyone, sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you.

I'm glad you all like it, I've got to post some more things. I always find the slightest little imperfection in the items I build and pass them off as mediocre. A little at-a-boy always perks me up and makes me want to get back to work! Thanks!

Knothead - I couldn't begin to tell you how long it has taken to build this, I don't keep track of that very well. If I had to guess, probably 7-8 hours. For a bosal this size with this amount of strands (12), it takes around 2 hours to complete the bars/main braid; the nose button takes about 3-4 hours and the healknot about 2 hours. The pattern changes and different colored interweaves take a little more time, but not too much. There also is the additional time making the strands and building the core.

Lilpep- This is a multiple strand button. It's 8 strands with the addition of the coffee stained interweave on the ends of the noseband. I try to use one string on the healknots, but this one ended up being 2. Oh well!