I recently purchased a container of Aussie leather conditioner on recommendation from an employee at Tandy's as well as some carnauba cream on recommendation from a YouTube video. I was wondering what the overlap in their uses is as well as the differences, if anyone has experience with both. Thanks.

I use Aussie on just about everything and love it. I have no experience with Carnauba so I can't really compare the two.

If you use aussie take it and spread it on then use a heat gun or a hair dryer to get the leather warm. You can watch it just soak right in. Then I usually put another coat on and buff it like crazy.

Gives a great feel and smell.

I just noticed from your website that you work out of Cincinnati. That's where I'm at.

Awesome! I live in West Chester. Been here my whole life.

I lived across the river in Florence, KY for about a year and change when I was in first and second grade so that was about 44~45 years ago. I don't remember either of you!

(lol)

Next trip to the store Imma get me a can of that Aussie.

I lived across the river in Florence, KY for about a year and change when I was in first and second grade so that was about 44~45 years ago. I don't remember either of you!

(lol)

Next trip to the store Imma get me a can of that Aussie.

I got family in Union KY which is right down the road from Florence. I lived in Fort Wright for a few years...God I loved Kentucky.

You will like the Aussie. If you don't you can ship it to me!

Whats the difference between C cream and C wax?

I will take a stab at it but my knowledge is fairly limited. Carnauba wax comes from the carnauba palm and is the wax with the highest melting point (I think). It is used in car waxes and things like that. Carnauba cream is a product made by Fiebings and instead of being a solid or a paste it is the consistency of lotion (no clue what the other stuff is in it to make it like that). I love the stuff. It gives your leather a wonderful smell and a beautiful shine. It does darken things up a little bit so if that's an issue then you might want to stay clear. I don't know how much protection it provides but I would guess that it is similar to shoe polishes.

I've never tried Aussie but I would guess ('guess' is the important thing to remember) that it might be sort of like Montana Pitch Blend (which I also use) or Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP (which I also use and love). I consider these to be a bit more robust than carnauba cream since they are designed for protecting leather under harsh conditions... but maybe carnauba cream does too. I just don't know but I use carnauba cream on just about everything that I do. It gives a nice rich shine to things without making them look like plastic.

In our shop everything get.s wiped down with Aussie or Skidmores.. Personally I think Aussie may have a little more wax in it than Skidmores..

Edited by Itch

Aussie uses Beeswax. It works fine as a conditioner and water repellant, but it doesn't last long. I wouldn't call it much of a finish, but a good top coat.

Carnauba WAX (such as Leather Balm) seems to last a lot longer and polishes to a nice luster.

I think the carnauba creme will work much like leather balm.