jonwatsabaugh

recent saddles

dug a couple pix out of the archives. Built the saddle on the horse for good cowboy and good friend, Jack Day. The other one was built for his nephew.

Jon

bhob.jpgJack_Day.jpg

post-5418-1203743927_thumb.jpg

post-5418-1203744168_thumb.jpg

Very nice work!

Regards Buff

Hi Jon,

Those are some nice looking saddles... nice, clean work with pleasing lines. Got any closeups to show off the finer details like handstitching, ear cuts, etc...?

Darc

Beautiful work! I really like them. It gives me something to aspire to.

ArtS

Jon,

Great work. I have liked seeing everything posted. I like your tooling style, and like Art said, we all have something to aspire to.

And as an aside to everyone, I personally want to thank ALL of the talented makers and just as importantly the folks asking questions. Especially in the last couple months, the amount of knowledge kicked around here has been phenomenal. It can only improve the whole industry when the bar is raised, and there are so many hands pulling the rest of us up and over. Thanks to everyone.

Really nice clean work Jon, and I like the lines also.

Troy

Jon,

Great work. I have liked seeing everything posted. I like your tooling style, and like Art said, we all have something to aspire to.

And as an aside to everyone, I personally want to thank ALL of the talented makers and just as importantly the folks asking questions. Especially in the last couple months, the amount of knowledge kicked around here has been phenomenal. It can only improve the whole industry when the bar is raised, and there are so many hands pulling the rest of us up and over. Thanks to everyone.

First of Jon lovely saddles and top workmanship,

there are so manny talented saddlers here its amazing, although i love the old style saddles i still recognice beutifull workmanship in a modern style saddle, and as Bruce mensioned here i have learned so much by reading these topics and looking at the pics from you guys,

its knowledge that you dont find in any books or vids and i for one am truly greatfull to all of you saddlers that are willing to pass on this valuble info and share youre experience so openly its one of a kind felowmanship (is that a word) anyway i dont want to hijack to mutch i just wanted to let you know how much its apresiated, Don

Love those slick forks and big horns. Your tooling is supurb...nice and deep and well defined. It'll last a long long time.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! Although positive comments are encouraging, equally encouraging is constructive criticism and I welcome it. This forum has been a great tool for my continuing education and for re-evaluating some of what I previously thought was solid imformation. It has caused my critical thinking skills to increase dramatically, and for all this I am very thankful to all who contribute here!

Jon

Jon, that's great work. I too love the stamping, but I'm most impressed with the cantle binding stitching and the perfect wrap at the ears....shows great care and expertise. I wish my cantle binding stitching was so good.

Great job.

Russ

Really nice work. I sure like the tooling combined with the border stamp. Nice clean balanced lines. I'd love to give you some constructive criticism, but I can't figure out what it would be.