DoubleC

2Nd Trip To The Marketplace, Sold A Custom Guitar Strap.

Well today went a lot better than last week, bright sunny day, cheerful people, AND the girl from last week that took my card came back and ordered a custom guitar strap for her brother. And the other crafter still wants one for her Dad, is just waiting on final word on how he wants it, besides 'soft.' LOL. Was a good day, not nearly as anxious as before and next week I'm doing a drawing for a $5.00 gift certificate now that I cleared it with the organizer. The other vendors like the idea and I think we're going to take turns doing it.

Maybe things are going to finally take a turn in the path I've been waiting for. Thanks all of you for your support.

Edited by DoubleC

Congrats Cheryl!

Thanks Mike

congrats Cheryl

Thanks Billy, Cheryl

UH, not so sure 'bout all THAT, but I am happy about today Mike. LOL. Cheryl

So now that you're down the first big drop on the roller coaster, you're having a blast.....Great to hear!

Yes Mike I really am. The people love my service dog, and are so friendly, and I just like being some where that ISN'T home and feel comfortable. Thank you Mike. Cheryl

Thanks David, Cheryl

Thanks Zina, Cheryl

Glad to hear you are enjoying the show. It's just a job if it's not fun!

Hey Cheryl, I was at rodeo show yesterday and saw something that I thought was pretty cool and would be pretty simple to make. It was a piece of 9 to 10 oz leather cut in the shape of a tree and painted like a Christmas tree. It was about 4 inches wide and 6 inches tall with a flap to hang it on a door handle. It also had a couple of bells on it. I remember my grandmother had some like it when I was little except hers were made from cloth so you may have seen something like it before. They also had a snowman shape. Anyway just a thought for holiday items.

David

Thanks you guys. The tree sounds interesting David to go over a door knob. Will have to try one. Oh boo on work, yea to fun, LOL. Cheryl

Journal cover with book marks on it.

Nice job with the booth . Glad you are having fun . Each show teaches something . You need more stuff on the table . The sign says you are thinking ahead and planning ,good effort . Bill

Hi Cheryl,

Im very happy for you. My First Shows were very frustrating, sold nothing :). At my third show I sold a bracelet for 10€ and that made my day lol.

Most important I think is to have lots of stuff. Every show I had some more items and every show there where more people looking at my stuff. A professional look of your booth is important too. Try to decorate your tables with some season related stuff. Try to make a more professional looking sign. Make one as a picture with high resolution on the pc and have it printed in a bigger format in a copyshop or print single letters in a big format on single sheets of paper. Cut them out and use the sheet with the hole inside as a stencil. Now you can arrange them on a big piece of paper like the one you have now and spray color over them.

Hope you understand what I meant, lol.

I know that all of this is an investment and this may not be as easy as it sounds.

Aye this helps you.

Jonathan

Nice job with the booth . Glad you are having fun . Each show teaches something . You need more stuff on the table . The sign says you are thinking ahead and planning ,good effort . Bill

es it's always about stuff isn't it bill? I do need more stuff but I don't know what else to make up a this point. might try some trees and snowmen like suggested before for the upcoming season. I must have 15 bracelets and maybe I'll take them lout of the basket and scatter all these things around instead of collecting like things together. It would definitely look like more stuff. I'll see what i can do for the third one. Thanks, cheryl

like I just told Bill I know it's about more stuff. and your ideas are good but I can't afford to invest anything else in the booth. I just put that banner up so people would know my name. I have an antique stitching horse coming and going to take it there and work on things while I sit and that will help a lot to attract attention I know. Maybe this Saturday I'll scatter things around instead of just putting them all together. I'll see how that looks. thanks for the ideas Jonathan. Cheryl

Congratulations, hope everything goes well in your future shows.

Chief

Thank you Chief. it runs through Feb. and I have some big plans for it like taking my stitching horse there when it gets here to do some hand sewing while folks are there, and next week I'm going to give away a free $5.00 gift certificate for my shop and draw at the end of the day. The other vendors like that idea and we're going to take turns I think. Or maybe just do a free one for all the vendors every week. And make the people be back there to win, just tons of ideas swimming through my head so probably won't get them all done by Feb LOL.