Sign in to follow this  
rickmc

Hello from El Paso

Hello,

I joined the is forum about two weeks ago. I am so overwhelmed with the sight and the quality of the work that ya'll put on this sight. I also might add that I have great intrepidations about posting any of my stuff, but here goes.

I worked leather some back when I was 14 or 15, then life happened. I packed my tools, went to school, started teaching, and raising children. I had a shock about the middle of January which cut my paycheck about $1750.00 a month,so I was looking at ways to supplement my teaching salary again, and pulled out my tools, made a couple of notebooks, I will post them for you to look at, one is a memo book, and the other a full size portfolio that I made for my principal and immediate supervisor, my assistant principal, my highschool mascot is a highlander. anyway to make a long story short, my 13 year old daughter has taken a fancy to leather, and my wife is experimenting with carving and doing some free style florals with various tools. I was amazed last week, we were all around the kitchen table, and the bench that we made for tooling, and the tv was not even turned on for over a week, (spring break). My daughter is making name bracelets for her class mates and selling them, it is amazing.

Again thanks for your time and consideration.

Rick McCarty

DSC04929.JPG

DSC04932.JPG

leatherone_038.JPG

leatherone_035.JPG

leatherone_038.JPG

phone1_004.JPG

leatherone_033.JPG

post-9487-1237860783_thumb.jpg

post-9487-1237860837_thumb.jpg

post-9487-1237860930_thumb.jpg

post-9487-1237860957_thumb.jpg

post-9487-1237860993_thumb.jpg

post-9487-1237861218_thumb.jpg

post-9487-1237861351_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickmc

Looks great! We all are trying the same!

Welcome, Rick!

Rick,

It's good to see you finally post here on the forums.

Nick

Hi Rickmc, and welcome to the forum from Scotland, like the highlander pics!!!

Welcome to the forum! Need anything, contact anyone on here except me. I am having leather issues right now, so I don't know how realiable I am, but there are many masters to pick from.

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

Hi Rickmc, and welcome to the forum from Scotland, like the highlander pics!!!

thank you, any more highlander pics you can find would be appreciated. Kind of difficult to find around here.

my family actually go back to Ramsey Island in Scotland, many moons ago and long ship ride. Ha Ha

:thumbsup:

RIckMC I am in the same boat been on here and very reluctant to post my projects.....maybe after I finish the next one. I am not "artistic" and I cant draw wortha hoot.....maybe after my next project is done.

I love these carvings you did....as my buddy told me people love homemade stuff...and a guy on youtibe called thechurchofdave said you can only put the value of your art at the price of the customer.....

\

Great stuff!

thanks everyone,

I really do appreciate all your comments, I will post some more when I finish the rope bag that I am working on. :blink:

ganonymous, these folks are tremendous, I will get more daring, as time goes on, and I get less self conscious of my stuff.

Rick