Greetings,

I am a hobbyist and long time lurker here on the boards. Learned a lot but still have a ways to go. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how this gun sizes up compared to other Sigs? I've heard its kind of a Frankenstein gun for Sig but also that it is the same as a non-railed P229. I have also heard the M11-A1 is different than the older P228s, so...any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jayson

Sig has a great customer service. I call them often with this kind of question.

Best luck,

Jeff

The M11 A1 is the P228 and is similar to the P229. How close I am not sure, but I would think it should be very close to the non-railed 9MM P229. A suggestion I have is to maybe join one of the two good SIG forums and pose your question. There will be members there that owns both guns. Here are the links:

http://sigtalk.com/forums.php

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums

One bit of advice though. When posting on the SIG forums, don't call the M11 A1 a Frankenstein gun, since it is not.

Greetings,

I am a hobbyist and long time lurker here on the boards. Learned a lot but still have a ways to go. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how this gun sizes up compared to other Sigs? I've heard its kind of a Frankenstein gun for Sig but also that it is the same as a non-railed P229. I have also heard the M11-A1 is different than the older P228s, so...any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jayson

Jayson,

Unfortunately, it is not the same as either a non-railed 229 or a 228. Ran into this issue and ended up making a second holster for the customer, using his gun as the mode. The frame on the military version is slightly wider. Of course, it depends on how tightly you mold your holster to the pistol.

tk

Thanks for the information, everyone. I've been doing a little reading on the forums mentioned by vaalpens,and it does appear to more like a non-railed Gen 2 P229 than anything else. The only way for me to truely tell might be to just try to add one to the collection...Oh darn.

;)

One bit of advice though. When posting on the SIG forums, don't call the M11 A1 a Frankenstein gun, since it is not.

Funnily enough, sigtalk is where I saw it referred to as a franken-gun. :oops:

The M11 is more like the P228 than anything.... the dimensions are identical but there are minor differences in design as seen here. http://whichgun.com/pistols/view/sig-sauer-p228 and https://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/m11-a1.aspx They took a little bit off here and there but essentially they are twins.

The P229, if you want to compare it to anything.. would be the smaller version of the P226....but the P229 is really unique in itself.

Funnily enough, sigtalk is where I saw it referred to as a franken-gun. :oops:

I did not know that but now I have learned something. I just see the M11-A1 and MK25 as sacred variants to SIG owners, and not franken-guns. The M11-A1 is even more unique in the sense that SIG has it listed as it's own model.

I did not know that but now I have learned something. I just see the M11-A1 and MK25 as sacred variants to SIG owners, and not franken-guns. The M11-A1 is even more unique in the sense that SIG has it listed as it's own model.

lol to the Sig purists the M11 & the MK25 are abominations!