Sign in to follow this  
leather monger

Help Please I Need Needle Size For Singer 29K72

To make a nice looking stitch you need to match your needle size with the thread size,so what size thread do you want to use?

Bob

Edited by sewmun

I would also be interested to hear an answer to the question. Recently got hold of a refurbished Singer 29K72.

As I have only hand stitched up to now I have no knowledge of machine needles & threads.

My question would be ; what is the heaviest thread/needle combination that anyone uses on a regular basis on this machine?

With that knowledge I can order some needles & threads to practice with.

Best wishes,

Peter

For sewing webbing & cloth use 135x17

for leather use 135x16 which has a cutting point

for#46 nylon use#14,f/#69 use#16 or18,f/#92 use #18 or#20,f/#138#20 or#22

I would also be interested to hear an answer to the question. Recently got hold of a refurbished Singer 29K72.

As I have only hand stitched up to now I have no knowledge of machine needles & threads.

My question would be ; what is the heaviest thread/needle combination that anyone uses on a regular basis on this machine?

With that knowledge I can order some needles & threads to practice with.

Best wishes,

Peter

Is this information also correct for a 29 K? I recently picked one up. So far I have got it working and am using the needles and thread that came with it. As with most people here, I want to go as big as possible.

Aaron

Yes,

All 29's take the same needles some of the internal parts are different but it makes it nice.It makes it easier for us too when we sell them,some brands have different subclass's the take longer needles.

Bob