well, i rushed home from work to finish up a 1911 cross draw holster ive been working on and landed in leather 101 instead...this was a ostrich leg on ostrich leg cross draw avenger...man i was pumped...went to cut out the belt slot and realized that in my rush to get it all together, i had sewn and glued exactly where i wasnt supposed to...holsters aint much good when they only hang from one loop....so now im out 30 bucks in ostrich leg and i feel like the kids who forget to put the car in park and drive though a garage door....well, at least now i get another shot at tweaking the pattern..lol...

Peel/cut the ostrich leg off and re-use it. Glue it to some lining leather before going back on the holster. That way, you won't have fuzzies or glue boogers.

renegadelizard,

I know exactly how you feel. There was a time a ways back I wanted to get started on punching holes to lace together a vest I was making. I my haste, I didn't realize that the area I was punching holes into was laying on top of one of the front panels of the vest. I got about 100 holes punched into the front panel before I noticed. The only saving grace was the the front panel wasn't already laced to the rest of the vest, so I didn't have to take out lacing as well to replace it.

I'd give TwinOaks idea a go, it should work depending on the type of glue you used.

Oops!

Well, Twin has some good advice, mine is that we all make mistakes from time to time

Remember, the mark of a master craftsman is not that they do not make mistakes, but they have learned the skills to fix them where no one else will ever notice. If nothing else, it would be good practice to attempt a peel and reglue. What do you have to loose.

I too get excited about using a new exotic hide or some new gadget. Now that you have made this error, from here on you will not make that one again. I propose that you have graduated from 101 and welcome you to the club of mistakemakers anonymous. Now go fix it! :o)

Peel/cut the ostrich leg off and re-use it. Glue it to some lining leather before going back on the holster. That way, you won't have fuzzies or glue boogers.

I thought about that TO, but i used contact cement and sewed it...and since it wasnt exactly flat, after i glued it, i hammered it down real good...lol..its stuck like chuck...and i glued and stitched a reinforcement piece on as well...i think im gonna nail it to the wall above my work bench to remind me moderate my excitement...

Remember, the mark of a master craftsman is not that they do not make mistakes, but they have learned the skills to fix them where no one else will ever notice. If nothing else, it would be good practice to attempt a peel and reglue. What do you have to loose.

I too get excited about using a new exotic hide or some new gadget. Now that you have made this error, from here on you will not make that one again. I propose that you have graduated from 101 and welcome you to the club of mistakemakers anonymous. Now go fix it! :o)

ive fixed a few foul ups before...dye issues, errant holes and whatnot, but this is pretty unfixable...if i only had one of those history eraser buttons...i can laugh about it now, maimly because i screamed about it enough already...i think im gonna keep it as a reminder...

As Chan Geer taught me.................It was a learning experience, not a mistake!! :oops::deadsubject: