Sign in to follow this  
hubert1979

Knife And Sheath

Hey guys. This is a knife i made a few years ago. I wanted a new skinning knife and couldnt find one I liked, so I ended up making this one. I think it took almost 60 hours total. I used d2 tool steel and burl maple for the handle. I blued the blade and dyed the handle green to get the camo effect. The primers for the 30-06 round serve as the pins holding the handle on. The actual rounds are inlayed around the pins. Anyways the reason Im posting this is because it was the first time I did anything with leather. Since it was a custom knife I couldnt just get a sheath for it so I had to construct one. I wet molded it around the knife and did a simple tooling pattern. All in all Im pretty happy with it. Ive skinned a few deer with it so far and the sheath is still as good as the day i made it. Not pretty but funtional. Thanks for looking.....Dan

post-27652-0-23332100-1353464577_thumb.j

post-27652-0-70262400-1353464601_thumb.j

post-27652-0-69643300-1353464619_thumb.j

post-27652-0-03445600-1353464642_thumb.j

I like the idea of the bullet casing inlays into the handle. Thing I will have to try it.

Thanks. Really gives it a personal feel.

Looks good, better than my first one. Like the knife too. Thanks for posting them.

David

thanks David