Tina

Belt Bags (Purses/possible pouches) x 3

Just finished these belt bags (purses/possible pouches...)

They're 6.5" wide. 6" high and 2" deep.

2 of them is inspired from the viking era, one is my interpretation of a viking ship and Thor's hammer, the other is a compass the viking used when the traveled the seas of the world.

The last one I used some "Hair-on-Cow" pieces I had at home.

WesternHairy.jpg

post-5624-1233445134_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tina

Those look really cool, I like the first one the best.

Should call them belt bags or something though because if you call them a purse then us guys cant wear them :lol:

Should call them belt bags or something though because if you call them a purse then us guys cant wear them :lol:

*LOL* I guess you have a point there:-)

Call them a Viking possibles pouch :D

Love the designs, don't think I've ever seen the runic compass done so well! How did you do the gusset, it looks really nicely done.

Excellent craftmanship all round.

THOSE are like totally cool! I want to make one and I love that tri-weave border!!!

Call them a Viking possibles pouch :D

Love the designs, don't think I've ever seen the runic compass done so well! How did you do the gusset, it looks really nicely done.

Excellent craftmanship all round.

Great Thanks and Love the name you gave them:-)

The gusset is really just a long strip with holes, I have folded it at each end to get some "body" to them, thats all.

THOSE are like totally cool! I want to make one and I love that tri-weave border!!!

Thanks man...yeah, I have found out that the tri-weave works really good as a border tool too:-)

sweet work, i love'em all

sweet work, i love'em all

Thanks Roo:-)

It makes me think of the north, snow and such...How are you cooping in the heat, it's even on the TV here, mixed with the American ice storms...Talk about extremes at both directions.

I like those, Tina! Big enough for your DL, cigs and a cell phone, and I like the clasp you used to close them. As usual, excellent job on the carvings, and I like the hair, too.

Keep rocking, girl!

Johanna

smashingly good as always tina...i really dig the whole look of that fat lace around that i've noticed ya do on quite a few thing now...one of these days i gotta try this hair on that i've had for a bit...i do look at it here & there and pet it once in awhile to give it some attention...but thats about it hehe :deadsubject:

darryl :cheers:

Awesome work as usual, Tina. Work like yours makes me try even harder.

I like those, Tina! Big enough for your DL, cigs and a cell phone, and I like the clasp you used to close them. As usual, excellent job on the carvings, and I like the hair, too. Keep rocking, girl!Johanna

*LOL* Now i just need a belt:-)Thanks sys, so glad you like'm...DL??? (I need a dictionary in Americana I think) and still no cigs...I'm stubborn enough to keep it up (for now *S*)

smashingly good as always tina...i really dig the whole look of that fat lace around that i've noticed ya do on quite a few thing now...one of these days i gotta try this hair on that i've had for a bit...i do look at it here & there and pet it once in awhile to give it some attention...but thats about it hehe :deadsubject: darryl :cheers:

LOL...I know what you mean, I pook in my hairy pile too from time to time trying to come up with something good:-)

Awesome work as usual, Tina. Work like yours makes me try even harder.

Your well on your way, all it takes is time and patience:-)

Edited by Tina

:specool: Tina, Your belt bags are fab. Your designs are very cool and I love the colours. Can't wait to see your next creations.

:coffeecomp: Kiwi

:specool: Tina, Your belt bags are fab. Your designs are very cool and I love the colours. Can't wait to see your next creations.

:coffeecomp: Kiwi

Thanks Kiwi,

So glad you like'm...Hopefully I can keep the ideas coming up:-)

I love your rendition of a vegvisir. :specool:

Beautiful renditions. DL drivers license I think. Looks like a tin of skoal would fit quite nicely.

I love your rendition of a vegvisir. :specool:
Beautiful renditions. DL drivers license I think. Looks like a tin of skoal would fit quite nicely.

OK fellows.... :helpsmilie: I feel like going back to shool...You both have used words I can not find even in my online translator :Holysheep: (Rendition, skoal), I can guess but that's not good enough, have you both used scandinavian words by any chanse (skoal, vegvisir)?

OK fellows.... :helpsmilie: I feel like going back to shool...You both have used words I can not find even in my online translator :Holysheep: (Rendition, skoal), I can guess but that's not good enough, have you both used scandinavian words by any chanse (skoal, vegvisir)?

DL = Drivers License

Skoal = Chewing tobacco

Rendition = Version of the pouch

Vegvisir = ? (Maybe Veggie Visor ) or Maybe a name for a small Pouch?

:taptap:
Edited by Greybeard

DL = Drivers License

Skoal = Chewing tobacco

Rendition = Version of the pouch

Vegvisir = ? (Maybe Veggie Visor ) or Maybe a name for a small Pouch?

:taptap:

great Thank You, now stuff makes much more sense:-)

vegvisir....veg= road, street in norweigan/danish I think (väg in swedish), visir is the same is english/swedish all in all it means compass, or function of one in my humble way trying to make sense *LOL*

great Thank You, now stuff makes much more sense:-)

vegvisir....veg= road, street in norweigan/danish I think (väg in swedish), visir is the same is english/swedish all in all it means compass, or function of one in my humble way trying to make sense *LOL*

Vegvesir is the name of that compass symbol in Icelandic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegv%C3%ADsir

Vegvesir is the name of that compass symbol in Icelandic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegv%C3%ADsir

Thanks a load:-)

I knew the word vegvisir was scandinavian, I just tried to make sense of it all together...And when I finally tucked in last night I think I got it, veg =road, visir=visare=pointer...So now with your links help it all makes much more sense:-)

Another beautiful job, Tina. :spoton: I like the tri-stamp border. That was a good idea and really looks good. My brain is spinning thinking about getting that spaced so it comes out even. :wacko: Love the gussets on those, also.

Crystal

What I mean by "rendition" is your interpretation of said item

But all of your work there is outstanding. Keep up the good work!

Another beautiful job, Tina. :spoton: I like the tri-stamp border. That was a good idea and really looks good. My brain is spinning thinking about getting that spaced so it comes out even. :wacko: Love the gussets on those, also.

Crystal

Thanks Crystal, I have used the tri-weave before as border and I think it works welll to some designs.

What I mean by "rendition" is your interpretation of said item

But all of your work there is outstanding. Keep up the good work!

Thank You:-)