Equiplay Saddlery

New Barry King Stamps

Finally got tired of bending and breaking el cheapo stamps and ordered a few Barry King stamps the other day. I'm just getting started good with this but I've welded and worked with wood for many years and have learned the value of quality tools. What amazed me was how much easier it was to run these stamps compared to the cheap stuff. There is certainly no turning back now its good stuff or nothing. By the way the clarity and detail of the imprint alone is worth every penny!

post-52418-0-11519800-1442406127_thumb.j

that's cool

Man. That belt sure looks pretty. How do you do that? I've got some higher end stamps I would like try this with.

Can you give me some intel on setting up to run a belt like that?

Thank you!

post-52418-0-34956500-1452385832_thumb.j

Man. That belt sure looks pretty. How do you do that? I've got some higher end stamps I would like try this with.

Can you give me some intel on setting up to run a belt like that?

Thank you!

Vikefan thanks for the compliment. It's really not hard to do especially if you have good stamps. Bruce Johnson has 2 tutorials pinned to the top of this forum that are excellent and can get you started. You just have to reverse the angle for each side of the arrowhead. Also TimKleffner did a really nice tutorial on this pattern. I found it and "bumped" it back to the top of this forum. Just look for Basket weave Arrow. Here is another one I did as a Christmas present a few weeks ago. I used a #2 BK rope basket weave and a #2 BK crescent for the border on a 1 1/2" belt

Those impressions look great

My Tandy stuff isn't cutting it any longer, and I am trying to invest in quality tools now.

Thanks Colt. Good tools will definitely spoil you in a hurry.

Yep.......I too am slowly replacing my older USA craftools with Barry Kings.......They really do make a difference in most applications...Nice belt!