Colt Hammerless

Round And Head Knives For Sale: W.rose, Harrington, And Osborne

I'm selling a few of my round/head knives. I've recently sharpened all of these up using a slack belt on a belt sander to put a convex edge on them. If I remember correctly my finest sanding belt that I finish them with is 3000 grit. They're then stropped with green compound. They cut very very nicely. Prices are plus shipping. I take Paypal for payment.

First up is a Newark marked C.S. Osborne that's 5 inches tip to tip. $90.00
P1070450_zps533333e8.jpg
P1070452_zps836c25e8.jpg
Next is a Theodore Harrington. 4.25 inches tip to tip. Blade is marked "Theodore Harrington, Cutler To The People, Southbridge Massachusetts." I read somewhere recently that that is a dig at the Sheffield firm of Joseph Rodgers and Sons, who was an official cutler to the royal family, and marked their blades "Cutler's to their Majesties." Makes sense, and is pretty funny. The brass ferrule has a slight bit of movement, but the blade is nice and tight. $90.00
P1070434_zps61ba7863.jpg
This next picture has a reflection in the edge that makes it look like there's a chip in it. No chip, just the lighting.
P1070443_zps415252f8.jpg
P1070466_zps115114a1.jpg
And here's a William Rose. 3 5/8th tip to tip. The handle has a few cracks. They may be just surface splits. I'm not sure what kind of wood the handle is, but it's very dense. This is a little knife, but that handle has some surprising heft to it. Seems heavier than the handle on the bigger Osborne (which I'm sure is rosewood.) $110.00
P1070430_zpse6a020cb.jpg
P1070485_zps6232aa73.jpg
P1070463_zpsa5094d3a.jpg
P1070462_zpseb5af0da.jpg
Paul

I'll take the 5" Newark. Shipped to commercial address 76266 zip.

PM me your paypal information.

Hi Taxman,

The 5 inch Newark Osborne is yours. Forget the $90, I was just about to lower it to $80, so I'll let it go for the new price. PM on the way. To everyone else, I'm lowering the Harrington to $80, and the W.Rose to $95.

Paul

Sorry I didn't comment, but got the knife last week. Man you put an edge on it! Thanks again. If there's some sort of feedback page, PM me a link to it.

Glad you like it Taxman! It took me a long time to get my edges where I get them now. I kept thinking that I had a sharp knife, then would see videos of custom makers cutting far easier than I was, and realize there was more potential in those blades. A good bit of trial and error for sure. Would have saved a bunch of time if I'd had someone who knew what they were doing sharpen one for me to begin with. I think this is the best place you could have left feedback. Thanks!

awharness, I'll send a PM.

Paul