Beautiful work! Very sleek.

I think it looks very good. It puts my stitching to shame.

Where are the mistakes? Cheryl

Where are the mistakes? Cheryl

The parts where i stitch through 2 layers (1,4mm) looks bad on the backside) i may critique my work a little hard i don't know.

I think you critique way too hard. I think it's beautiful. Cheryl

Beautiful work! Very sleek.

Thank you

I think you critique way too hard. I think it's beautiful. Cheryl

Thank you :)

Your mistakes are exactly what I am aiming for that is a very high quality wallet.

Just send it to me and I'll throw it away for you :D

I appreciate perfectionism, just don't let it spoil the fun. A bit of realism is in place :)

Very nice. You did the center portion like petewon right? with the front panel facing backwards and the center strip?

Yes. But i'm not sure if i do it again.

Yes. But i'm not sure if i do it again.

Yes. I tried it the other day and after having it cemented in place for a few minutes I didnt like the way it was bending at the center so luckily I was able to rip the piece off! I am going to have to settle for the front piece not being lined on the inside when doing bifolds with hidden pockets.

If I was to fully line the inside I would have 6 layers of leather! (pocket, hidden pocket, front panel, lining, back lining, back). Without a skiver or splitter just would be too thick IMO!

Yes. I tried it the other day and after having it cemented in place for a few minutes I didnt like the way it was bending at the center so luckily I was able to rip the piece off! I am going to have to settle for the front piece not being lined on the inside when doing bifolds with hidden pockets.

If I was to fully line the inside I would have 6 layers of leather! (pocket, hidden pocket, front panel, lining, back lining, back). Without a skiver or splitter just would be too thick IMO!

I think i do my next one without lining at all. This one is not lined at the back and it looks good because the flesh side is nice (splitted with bandknife) it would be nice if it was possible to find thinner calf with finished flesh side.

Looks really good to me.

Hey this looks great! I've been meaning to start on my first wallet but it's so intimidating. I don't even see any issues with your stitching! What oz. leather did you use for this?

Hey this looks great! I've been meaning to start on my first wallet but it's so intimidating. I don't even see any issues with your stitching! What oz. leather did you use for this

Thank you. The leather is 2 oz.

Really nice work.

I also did a couple based on the style Petewon has done. I did not do the middle interior piece. My leather was some cheap calfskin from Springfield. I rushed the dyeing and finishing but I think the construction turned out pretty good. A few more to really nail them down. I'd like to use some thinner, nicer leather.

post-43646-0-21446900-1445457423_thumb.j

post-43646-0-09909400-1445457424_thumb.j

post-43646-0-90057900-1445457424_thumb.j

Really nice work.

I also did a couple based on the style Petewon has done. I did not do the middle interior piece. My leather was some cheap calfskin from Springfield. I rushed the dyeing and finishing but I think the construction turned out pretty good. A few more to really nail them down. I'd like to use some thinner, nicer leather.

I like it. Especially the effect of the dye. I did a version without the middle piece. (Not final polished on the pictures.)

post-64328-0-16548100-1445458563_thumb.j

post-64328-0-04687100-1445458570_thumb.j

post-64328-0-85294900-1445458576_thumb.j

post-64328-0-11219400-1445458583_thumb.j

post-64328-0-29817000-1445458589_thumb.j

post-64328-0-03380500-1445458595_thumb.j

Edited by DR80

Thanks. Looking at yours I see a few things I can do to improve mine. I see how your bill pocket piece is shorter on bottom... I need to do that... that would help thin out the edge even more.

What are you creasing with? I got the Regad electric creaser a while back and it has greatly improved my creasing. Things look much finer with that nice crease.

Your edges are smooth. Nice.

Edited by thefanninator

Thanks. Looking at yours I see a few things I can do to improve mine. I see how your bill pocket piece is shorter on bottom... I need to do that... that would help thin out the edge even more.

What are you creasing with? I got the Regad electric creaser a while back and it has greatly improved my creasing. Things look much finer with that nice crease.

Your edges are smooth. Nice.

I use a modified cheap tandy creaser (sharpened edge) think i'm going to buy Regad to. And tips for creasing. Tip for edge paint (Probably CT/Beraud) and a tip for watch straps.

Outstanding work all round.