Earlier this year, my parents came to visit, and I made a gunbelt and holster for my dad. While dad and I were looking at leather, mom starts stacking up leather and hardware on the counter and says, you can make me a purse with this. I agreed to make her one since I was making a holster for dad. She loved, and shared pictures everything, and I ended up making another for a Cattle Growers convention auction. Then my mom wanted another one in a different color, then my uncle wanted one for my aunt, then my mom wanted me to make purses for family members for Christmas. I finaly finished them all, and I am done with purses.

Purses%201%20of%201_zps8onf1f6i.jpg

Melissa%203%201%20of%201_zpsq3sp4mqo.jpg

Ashley%203%201%20of%201_zpsdftjobzu.jpg

Darlene%203%201%20of%201_zps6eqgnotv.jpg

mom%20purse%202%201%20of%201_zpsoemkngxq

20151002_144143_zpszafyt6hu.jpg

20151002_144220_zps965zc2yt.jpg

Purse%201%201%20of%201_zpsiinoc3vl.jpg

Purse%203a%201%20of%201_zpsnd5dlvy6.jpg

Very nice, even if you don't feel like making more right now, I'm sure you will later. But I agree, after making the same sort of thing several times, it is nice to move on to something else for a time.

Tom

Those all look nice Colt. Did you have a pattern or did you just make up you own?

Really like all of those!

Those all look nice Colt. Did you have a pattern or did you just make up you own?

THanks

This was all original. I cut up an old Zales paper bag to make the body template. The pockets were trial and error. I wanted to make them draw string purses, and ended up using a Bolo tie because I didn't know how to make a tassle to terminate a braided cord.

Thanks for the reply Colt. My wife is interested in making some purses and I'm going to show these to her.

Those look GREAT! Love em. Where did you get the liner material. Nice choices. I would say my friend that you may have a knack for these so I wouldnt be so quick to give up on them.

Those look GREAT! Love em. Where did you get the liner material. Nice choices. I would say my friend that you may have a knack for these so I wouldnt be so quick to give up on them.

Lining is cloth from JoAnne Fabric. I got the WVU fabric online.

Very nice and I'll bet they are a hit. It"s a little hard to tell, but what are the dimensions of these?

Very nice and I'll bet they are a hit. It"s a little hard to tell, but what are the dimensions of these?

They are about 9 inches tall.

You are not done with purses my friend.....those are too nice....more orders to come!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, I may have just gotten weaseled into doing another purse. UGHH!

Wow, that's a lot of purses. Nice work!

Haha if you didn't want to keep making them you should have made the first one look awful! Your own fault for being too good. ;)

Thanks yall

Nice work! I made the mistake of showing your purses to my wife. Where did you get the leather? She really likes the colors.

Nice work! I made the mistake of showing your purses to my wife. Where did you get the leather? She really likes the colors.

All the leather is from Hide House

Most of it is deer.

I agree with the others, nice purses. You're going to get requests for more of those.

My wife is going to start making purses and is deciding what machine to purchase. Can you tell me if these were made on a cylinder arm machine or a table?

My wife is going to start making purses and is deciding what machine to purchase. Can you tell me if these were made on a cylinder arm machine or a table?

Flatbed machine

3M 77 spray glue. I use an iron, the rubbing aND the heat create a much stronger bond between the leather and the fabric

it is so nice and I also surprise to find that it is a similar bag to my mine ( in my Picture ) , :rofl: