Sign in to follow this  
tazzmann

Screw Stamp

Are there any stamps made by someone that, when stamped looks like the head of a phillip's screw? I have been making these by hand for a while now using a round seeder and then using a swivel knife or modeling tool to create the crossed lines, but would like to know if anyone makes these? I use them a lot on some of my bike bags and it would save some time if I didn't have to do each one by hand.

Are there any stamps made by someone that, when stamped looks like the head of a phillip's screw? I have been making these by hand for a while now using a round seeder and then using a swivel knife or modeling tool to create the crossed lines, but would like to know if anyone makes these? I use them a lot on some of my bike bags and it would save some time if I didn't have to do each one by hand.

HAVE YOU THOUGHT about mounting a screw into a pc of metal and use it to stamp with. :Lighten:

ummmm. tried that... :head_hurts_kr: It WAS backwards. DUH! I felt really stupid that I didn't think of that before I took the time to mount and try it.

What would work well is a screwdriver. It would make perfect indentations. If a tool was made for this, it would look exactly like a tip of a #2 phillips. Use a tube around the shaft and you will have a perfect screw shape.

Well, duh! Sometimes the most obvious answers come from SOMEONE ELSE! Thanks! That should work perfectly. I can make the screw from a seeder and a screwdriver. I can't believe I spent so much time cutting these by hand. Anyone done something similar? C'mon! Pony up!

That would be backwards...

O K I'M WITH YOU NOW......THE DEPERISION WOULD BE RAISED.... :deadhorse: