yaklady

Another new yak

It was a cold, snowy day, and I was off at a guild meeting teaching members how to make a leather feather. A lady with her two Black Labs knocked on my mother's door to say the baby yak was out of the fence. To that she replied "What baby yak?"

I have been told that yaks fair quite well being born in cold weather. This one had an exceptionally clean landing on the virgin snow, and is full of life. If I had the capabilities that CSI has, I could determine its gender from one picture I took, but as it is, I'll have to wait to find out. The main thing for now, is the little guy is healthy and happy.

I didn't get the chance for a decent picture, It's hard when everyone is black and hairy. The yak in the front of the line is last year's calf.

Jan_09_042.jpg

post-1462-1239045554_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the new yak! Keeping my fingers crossed it's a girl... :thumbsup:

Oooooooh, THAT baby yak! LOL They did it again, snuck one in when you weren't looking. You're starting to get quite a little herd going. Congratulations!

Kate

If it was born today.............we share a birthday!!!

Congrats on the new addition.

Tim

Timbo, we could pretend the yak was born today. I don't think it would matter any to him (or her). Happy birthday!

Yaks have a way of doing what they want when they want. They don't listen to me at all. I would have told them to have the baby in June like last year, but no, it comes in a blizzard! My brother wants name it Peanut Butter. I guess that's better than Snowball or Snowflake. How about Stormin' Norman?

Happy Grammyak, Kathy

yaks_09_015.jpg yaks_09_003.jpg

Okay, here are somebetter pictures. It's a boy and I am calling him Norman. I could have used a heifer, but he is strong and healthy, so I'm very happy with that.

Kathy

post-1462-1239226361_thumb.jpg

post-1462-1239226384_thumb.jpg

yaks_09_015.jpg yaks_09_003.jpg

Okay, here are somebetter pictures. It's a boy and I am calling him Norman. I could have used a heifer, but he is strong and healthy, so I'm very happy with that.

Kathy

Norman is adorable! Hopefully he will grow up and be a good yak! Congratulations, Grammy Yak!

Crystal