claybuster101

Bees Wax

I met this gentleman Saturday at a local outdoor flea market in the Romeo, Michigan area. As a hobby he has several bee hives. He has been accumulating the wax for sometime now. I indicated I was interested in a small amount for my leather working projects.

While he didn't have any beeswax with him Saturday he indicated he would bring some with him Sunday.

The beeswax is very high grade, not like the stuff from the local barber supply company. While the beeswax is a by-product of the honey production for him, he would like to find a market for it. So, if any of you fellow leather artisans have need please contact Starman_10_8@yahoo.com

His first name is Mike.

Cool thanks for sharing, this could come in handy.

I understand toilet sealers are no longer bees-wax...so there goes Home Depot.

What's a good price to pay for bees-wax...I've been thinking of dipping some sheaths in it....so I guess I need a crock-pot half full??

I believe you can find it at a craft store like A.C Moore or Michaels, Hope this helps

I get mine for $5 a pound from Bennett's Honey Farm. It is premium grade an super clean. The market to candle makers who make honeycomb candles out of it so it has to be really clean. They are located in Piru, CA. and can be found on the Internet.

I missed out on a 10 gallon sized fibre drum of granulated beeswax that got tossed when I worked at Jelly Belly. They use it to put the final shine on the Jelly Bellies.

Someone deemed it scrap, and out it went.

Woodcraft Supply www.woodcraft.com sells beeswax in 1/2 lb blocks. Also Carnauba wax. Though rather pricey at 14.99, their white beeswax (bleached) is very nice. Often times, beeswax from local sources still has a lot of honey in it, and is more sticky. I have used this product from them for years, making woodturning finishes from it.

Jake

I understand toilet sealers are no longer bees-wax...so there goes Home Depot.

What's a good price to pay for bees-wax...I've been thinking of dipping some sheaths in it....so I guess I need a crock-pot half full??

Hey Rayban, if I remember correctly, you live a little south of me. That being the case, there is a place on M-50, 8 miles west of M-52 on the north side of the road called something like "The Honey Tree". I'll bet you can get what you want there. Next time I need some that is where I was going go. Just haven't needed it yet!

Bob

Hey Rayban, if I remember correctly, you live a little south of me. That being the case, there is a place on M-50, 8 miles west of M-52 on the north side of the road called something like "The Honey Tree". I'll bet you can get what you want there. Next time I need some that is where I was going go. Just haven't needed it yet!

Bob

I recall seeing it...but I've found plenty of it on ebay...and the batch i made up last winter I'm not half way through it, and I use it every day.

But thanks,

RG