Dwight

Farrier's Apron Design Needed

I have a fellow who wants a farrier's apron made, . . . and I have no idea of what one looks like.

If someone has a picture of one, . . . or better yet, . . . a pattern, . . . or can point me to a pattern, . . . I would surely be grateful.

May God bless,

Dwight

591.jpghow's this for a pic? 801.jpg i actually got thses from alvin farrier supply. they have a few more aprons to look at. Edited by ramrod

Hey, Ramrod, . . . thanks, . . . come to think of it, . . . MANY thanks.

That doesn't look like it would be too difficult to build, . . . and since he is going to use it for his own three horses only, . . . it should work well.

Now, . . . just got to secure the order,.............................

May God bless,

Dwight

Hey, Ramrod, . . . thanks, . . . come to think of it, . . . MANY thanks.

That doesn't look like it would be too difficult to build, . . . and since he is going to use it for his own three horses only, . . . it should work well.

Now, . . . just got to secure the order,.............................

May God bless,

Dwight

I work on a bunch of horses, and I modified mine to have three pockets - left and right handed hoof knife + hoof pick. I then added a 2" deep pocket at the base and a tie strap at the top to allow me to hang a rasp while I work with the nippers. Maybe a magnet to allow you to hold old horseshoe nails.

Just a thought. The three pockets vs two would be welcome, at the minimum.

Here is a slightly different version that I make. I leave a hole in the bottom of the pockets in order for the hoof filings to "escape" and I build in a piece of elastic in the belt so that it gives when I am bent over. Really comfortable. Also I attach the belt strap with a couple of snaps and also the leg ties. That way, if you need to, you can get out of them in a hurry.

Hope that helps.

Bob

post-8161-064472500 1320245646_thumb.jpg

you're welcome dwight. looks like these boys will get you on the right track, too.

and no, they don't look too difficult to build. they're awfully darn short - sort of like half chaps.