Knipper

Wickenberg Show

Finally winding down getting ready for the Wickenberg AZ show. I've never done that one before so its an unknown, but Dave puts on a good show. I have no idea what to expect, but will be bringing lots of head knives (31), trim knives and some draw gauge blades. It will be a new geographic area for my work so I'm pretty nervous. Anyway, if you're in the neighborhood, stop by the booth and introduce yourself. Its always nice to put a face with a name...

One nice thing...I get to drive out West again! It always feels good when I'm heading out West!

Knipper

Welcome to Arizona, I will be sure to stop by and say hello.

Mark

Hi Knipper,

The Wickenburg show is a smaller show then some I have been to (Riverside,and Ventura Ca.) Both of those shows were many years ago. Wickenburg is a great town. There are some great sights to see.

Check out the museum - It is on the corner down town, a short walk from the show. There is so many leather items (western style) made by many local leather workers from years ago. There is an entire wall of spurs and spur straps. Lots of items to inspire and try some new (old) style of tooling. I have incorporated a couple things on some projects I have seen there. I think it is about $9.00 to enter but well worth it!

Bens Saddlery - It has been in business for over 60 years. A very nice store that carries a good variety of western goods and a whole wall of Boots and hats. One of the few shops that does retail and still builds saddles right there in the shop. Say hi to Bruce (owner)

The Gun Trader - It is up the street from the show (most everything is lol!!) An old time gun store with a good selection. (Roger is the owner)

Riata Saddles - Karens shop is just around the corner on Apache street. She is quite a leather artist and builds saddles as well (a very nice shop) and she carries boots as well. (a little more "girly" then Ben's Saddlery) Karen is a personable lady and is a wealth of knowledge!

There are quite a few other places to see, I am missing so many but do take a couple walks around town, it is safe and well worth it!!

Take a walk around the town, its only a couple blocks and there is much to see. Lots of history and some great buildings.

I will look you up and take a look at your knives, I'm not in the market for one but do admire a nice knife!!

Knipper

I will miss stopping by your booth to welcome you to the show, but I believe your products will speak for themselves. Hopefully, you will bring enough trim & gauge knives this time so you do not sellout your first day! Break a leg!

Hopefully, I will see you and your lovely wife in Texas later this year!

Yes, we plan on making Wichita Falls an annual trip. Had a great time there last Oct. and the people were terrific. I always seem to run out of time when a show comes up and it never fails that I make too little of one knife or another. Maybe some day I'll get it right.. :)

Knipper

I will miss stopping by your booth to welcome you to the show, but I believe your products will speak for themselves. Hopefully, you will bring enough trim & gauge knives this time so you do not sellout your first day! Break a leg!

Hopefully, I will see you and your lovely wife in Texas later this year!

Terry,

We don't get to many shows anymore but I am sure you will have a successful one. I have used my new "Chan Geer" several times and I love it plus it is a beautiful piece of work.

Here is wishing you and your family, nothing but the best.

ferg

Yes, we plan on making Wichita Falls an annual trip. Had a great time there last Oct. and the people were terrific. I always seem to run out of time when a show comes up and it never fails that I make too little of one knife or another. Maybe some day I'll get it right.. :)

Thanks Ferg! I appreciate the kind words!

Terry

Terry,

We don't get to many shows anymore but I am sure you will have a successful one. I have used my new "Chan Geer" several times and I love it plus it is a beautiful piece of work.

Here is wishing you and your family, nothing but the best.

ferg

I'll have to stop by and say hi and see your knives. I'm not in the market for one right now, as I just bought an old Newark marked Osborne that I need to take the time to sharpen properly. I probably won't go until the last day though, so if the show does well by you, you won't have anything left for me to look at! Have fun at the show, and welcome to AZ! You'll probably want to bring warm weather clothes.

Colt Hammerless

Hey all. We will be in Wickenburg as well. Please stop by and see us. It is a very good show, and a great town. See you there, Knipper! Thanks, Steve

Edited by Cobra Steve