lowlife

Question For Those That Press Their Holsters

When you press your holster in a shop press to form them where do you get the high density foam used to put on top and bottom of holster to "sandwich" it to form it in the press

Kehl

It's one inch 40 durometer rubber from McMaster-Carr company.

Yep, . . . ^ ^ ^ he nailed it.

May God bless,

Dwight

Man I love that catalog but hate looking for something on there. Is it the the Med strength Neoprene rubber Item # 9455K19. I kinda got lost looking around in there LOL

Kehl

I use 1" natural rubber that has been glued to 1/2 aluminum plate.

I have been waiting for this to come up again. All of my forming has been done bu hand so far. I want to get into press forming so I ordered the 40 durometer gum rubber. I found it to be much harder than I expected. I was afraid to even try it for fear of crushing my blue gun. I also would like to use actual guns and this stuff just seemed to be way to hard. Are my concerns unfounded?

Thanks for the feedback. When using 2 pieces of 1" thick gum rubber (one on top one on the bottom) do they squeeze down around the gun enough that they touch each other? I am trying to gauge how far I should be pressing. Also the stuff I got felt very hard to the touch. I could not deform it at all between my thumb and forefinger. Does that sound right? I ordered mine from Grainger. It was 1" thick 40 durometer gum rubber.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/Rubber-Sheet-1XWD4?Pid=search

Yes, the rubber will be touching around the edges. You can experiment a little and get a feel for how pressure you need to get a good mold. It really doesn't take much pressure. That looks like the right rubber based on the link you provided.