Have any of you sold goods on iCraft before.? I just found out about them today. ETSY is too big and it's hard to get your foot in the door when you are new to selling online. iCraft says it only sells handmade goods and crafts, and no retail. If you have tried them how have your sales been? Thanks!

Looks interesting. I currently have an Etsy shop and Etsy doesn't seem to be very effective right now. First time I've heard of this site but looking them over they look like they are worth researching. I would be interested in anyone's experience with them as well.

Bob

I have no intention of paying them $25 to "verify my credit card" and then another $5 per month on top of that...makes ebay's fees look like a good deal and they're not!! :)

How many people visit icraft every day? Demographic? Do a pro and con, price comparison. You can come up with a conclusion just by this.

Etsy is I believe mostly women, so even if you sell mens wallets a part of those purchases are from women buying for boyfriend, presents.. so this should be considered.

Etsy is probably the best right now in terms of home made crafts type goods as far as I know. If you can slowly earn a good reputation you can make profit (It will be a good learning experience).It definately wont be fun, or even time effective in the beginning. In comparison it would be easier to get a small following on etsy vs from your own online storefront (of course the disclaimer: in my opinion). There wont really be a shortcut. At the end of the day you need to hustle, no reasonable entrepeneur would avoid putting in hard work.

Regardless of where you sell you still need to "get your foot in the door". No sales or reviews (etsy), no online magazine reviews or no advertising hits (online store) it wont happen without your input.

My advice for what it is worth is to do both etsy and icraft (if costs are reasonable). If it fails it fails, move forward. Never be afraid to fail, its part of the game

I've been doing really well on Etsy lately. It was a slow start for the first few months I had no sales then they started trickling in and now they're starting to come in steady. The thing I've realized most about selling online is that your pictures sell your products. The better my pictures have become the more sales I've gotten. I think the more sales you get and the more you renew your listing the higher you appear in searches etc.

However I haven't gotten any custom orders from my Etsy page. All of them come through my actual website and most of "in stock" orders have come through Etsy...

Edited by RStevenson