RavenAus

Batman Cowl

I had someone ask me could I make a Batman cowl for his cosplay. It's of a very dieselpunk type Batman with a duster jacket and a definite biker look (Can you tell I'm not a comic geek?) Anyway, this is what I came up with.
Ok, so the beard just doesn't go... But here it is, the Mk II Batman Cowl! This one is machined with the 'Cranky Ba*****d' ™ hand-cranked sewing machine, and while possible, this is not really the best option. This needs to be either riveted or hand sewn, as the machine simply cannot reach a lot of the areas without distorting the stitching lines - imagine sewing up a bowl, and you'll understand! For a prototype though, I didn't want to spend so much time hand sewing, and even riveting is a pain as the inside areas are a pig to get to even on my anvil horn.
That said, I am pleased with the outcome All this needs is a pair of goggles and you're set!

th_BatmamCowlMkII001copy_zpsdf6a36ee.jpg th_BatmamCowlMkII003copy_zps817f44bc.jpg th_BatmamCowlMkII005copy_zps32af6508.jpg th_BatmamCowlMkII006copy_zps1e6d9166.jpg th_BatmamCowlMkII007copy_zpsd42c1c84.jpg th_BatmamCowlMkII014copy_zpsec2f9f9e.jpg
th_BatmamCowlMkII009copy_zpsd2af5f88.jpg th_BatmamCowlMkII010copy_zps3406759b.jpg th_BatmamCowlMkII016copy_zps0d6748e6.jpg th_BatmamCowlMkII017copy_zps47c4444c.jpg

I want that! Awesome.

:) Thanks man

Nice job on the cowl! I've seen diesel/steampunk comic book interpretations and this will fit right in.

Looks good! Should be a lot of fun.

Bill

:D Thanks guys!

That's great! I had someone ask me for the same thing this year :)

Raven, that is awesome!

Cool, I really like the details on the back. Well, the front too, but the back looks awesome.

Thanks :) The back detail was a happy accident really but it looked good so stayed in the final design :P