Long time no post. Ive been in the hospital. I finally escaped and can do leather work again. :)

Where are people buying T nuts for IWB holsters? Also what size is a good size to get?

Thanks for the help I cant get the search to work on single letter searches.

Michael

McMaster Carr is a great source. i use the 8-32 T-Nuts

Tony

Grainger or MSC are also good sources. I use mostly 6-32's but I have 8-32's also.

Ace hardware

I had my local hardware store order me a full box of 6-32 nuts from Midwest Fastener. Much cheaper than buying them individually. You can't order from them yourself.

If people are having trouble finding these, I will send you 4 of them for a $4 paypal. I recomend you buy them locally, but if you can not find them it is an option. I have both #6 and #8.

Aaron

Thanks for the information everyone.

Aaron, thanks for the offer. Ill look around but will let you know if I cant find them.

Michael

McMaster-Carr sells them in packs of 100 for just over $7. I'm going to order some next week.

I use 8-32 size, and they are available at all my local hardware stores.If I wanted to buy them in bulk I would get them from Fastenal or McMaster-Carr. They have regular zinc plated ones... I would like to know where to get Black T-nuts???

I just ordered stainless t nuts from steelmarinefasteners.com $36.30 box of 100. The stainless is more money but I think it is worth it, I hate corrosion.

They are 8/32 x 1/4 sku NTEENUT8-32, shipped fast. You may have to shorten them for thinner leather but on 9-10 oz they protrude just slightly. I also ordered the screws from them, $4.44 box of 100. I got the size and material off a Bianchi holster, they use stainless. I did find i needed to make the head smaller to fit the snap socket well. Easy to do, put the screw in a drill and run it against my belt grinder.

I like stainless.

Jeremy

Lowe's has all sizes mentioned here...only a mile away....and i don't use them all day long so as long as I';m there every other day anyhow......it's the best source for me.

Can someone please explain how to use the t-nuts. I'm guessing you only use the front side of the male part of a snap and screw it to the t-nut. If that is so, what type and or sizes all go together, (t-nut, snap and screw) . Also if there is something else I'm missing please let me know.

Thanks, Joey

post-29226-097925500 1331301185_thumb.jp

Sandwich the t nut between the layers, the the belt loop can easily be replaced on IWB holsters. I use 8/32 stainless t nut and screw, the screw head must be turned down a bit to allow clearance for the snap. Picture is of a Bianchi 120, that's how I determined what size t nut and screw to use. The strap I am unsure of the length, I just made a paper pattern from the Bianchi one. I will measure it layer for you. Lift the spot snaps, or Pull the dot snaps.

Jeremy

Edited by J Hayes

If you guys are using these enough to contemplate buying them in boxes of 100, I would strongly suggest that you search out your local wholesale bolt supplier. Mine order them for me at $47 per 1,000 -- that's 4.7 cent apiece, instead of the 40-50 cents apiece at my local hardware store.

Same thing with the pan head #6 crews I use. At the local hardware store, they are 45 cents each in black phosphate. From the bolt supplier, they are 10 cents each -- in stainless.

tk