Sign in to follow this  
wildrose

Sword of Truth

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com

If you are a fan of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth novel, be aware there is a new miniseries coming based on them. While filming of a book(s) can often be a disaster (i.e. Eragon, Dragonlance), it can also be amazing (i.e. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter). Let's hope for the amazing here....

In any case, if you are a fan of the fantasy genre and haven't read these books yet: go! now! They were on my "someone recommended this to me" list for years before I finally read them. And while, like many series, they can get bogged down as they go on, the first few are incredible.

Yeah, I hope that's cool

I really wish they'd do a good series for the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. Also wish the ghost writer would hurry up with the last book : |

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com

If you are a fan of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth novel, be aware there is a new miniseries coming based on them. While filming of a book(s) can often be a disaster (i.e. Eragon, Dragonlance), it can also be amazing (i.e. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter). Let's hope for the amazing here....

In any case, if you are a fan of the fantasy genre and haven't read these books yet: go! now! They were on my "someone recommended this to me" list for years before I finally read them. And while, like many series, they can get bogged down as they go on, the first few are incredible.

Amen to that Azmal! I love those books. Sometimes wordy, but I can't seem to stop myself! Jordan was an amazing author.

I'm looking forward to watching it as well, alsthough I don't think they cast Richard very well from what I've seen in teh trailer. We'll just have to wait. I know Goodkind has been waiting for the right people to allow a movie set up, so this'll be interesting.

I would like to see more Discworld movies too. Hogfather was great! Probably my favorite Christmas movie now. (Now I just have to go and read the books lol)

Looks like my kind of show. It has horses in it so it can't be all bad!

Thanks for the info.

ArtS

My thought on the cast playing both Richard and Kahlan is that they are too young. Also, I think they are saying Kahlan wrong. Didn't Goodkind put a pronunciation guide in the front of one of the books because so many were asking how to say it?

Horses, yup, lots of that, and sword fighting - that's a big draw for me. I'm a nut about the old Errol Flynn and Tyrone Power movies.

I don't remember Discworld. I got confused for a minute and thought you meant Ringworld - a favorite series of my husband.

I have read the whole series of SofT twice! OK, except the last one.

I read them all again waiting for the last one. :lol:

Can't wait to see the series!

I've only read up to Faith of the Fallen...I've not gotten to the ones after yet. Not all have gotten good reviews...what did you think?

I'd have to look and see the titles in order. The last 3 were sort of a "trilogy." Each of previous books ended sort of on a "good" note but the last 3 just kept the story going.

Overall, I really liked them and would read them again. Very well defined characters, story line stayed accurate throughout, like Goodkind's philosophy.

Yeah, in parts it did "drag" a bit, but overall was well paced.

From the trailers, it appears that the person playing Zedd is a bit on the young side. Richard and Kahlan look about right, but, who are they going to get to play Nicci? In the books, Kahlan said when she first saw Nicci she felt like a dirt clod as Nicci was so beautiful, and Kahlan is no slouch!

So...now that it's been out a few weeks, has anyone watched it? I was anxious at first because reviews were not good online, but gave it a shot. I like it. The casting, IMHO, is quite good. The plots, while not specific to the books, are in line with the series. The action sequences (i.e. fight scenes) have cheesy freeze frames in parts. But all in all, I'm going to keep watching it.

I was a little miffed over the first episode because it really changes some major plot points, but if you can get by that, it's pretty good. Of course, the books are better, but that's par for the course!