Sign in to follow this  
Randy Cornelius

How should I set up my shop?

I am getting close to having my new shop ready to move in. The question is what I need and how to set it up. I have been working in a small space in my basement for years. So I would like some imput from the members on how to set it up. I have several machines, Landis K, Boss, Artisen 3000, crank splitter, 3in 1 etc. I have a nice big window on the south side I want to set up my tooling bench in front of and I know I want a large cutting table in the center. I also have one draw down stand and would like another so I could work on more than one saddle at a time. I am trying to decide what kind of leather racks for storing rolls of leather etc. My shop will be 20 x 30 feet with 10' ceilings, I have a large 48" door in the front with two large window on each side of the door plus the window on the south.

I have tons of hardware that I have collected over the years that presently hangs from nails from the rafters in the basement ceiling. What's the best storage method for them short of hanging them from the ceiling again.

I am open to suggestions from those who have build a shop and afterward said, "I wish I would have....."

Randy

There was a whole thread on everybody's shops. Lots of pics. Do a search on "shop" under saddlemaking, I believe.