NewYorkerInSydney

Anyone Know What This Is Called And Where I Can Find Some?

Can someone PLEASE tell me what this loop is called. It is attached to the front inside part of this leather and the front has a slit where that metal loop protrudes where you can then slide a piece of leather through as a closure. Its not a footman anchor because that search is only bringing up stuff in hardware stores and nothing related to leather. Its not just a loop because it is attached to the back side somehow. Anyone know what it is called and where I can get some of these kinds of loops for a bag closure???

Thanks so much!!!

Nyis

Can someone PLEASE tell me what this loop is called. It is attached to the front inside part of this leather and the front has a slit where that metal loop protrudes where you can then slide a piece of leather through as a closure. Its not a footman anchor because that search is only bringing up stuff in hardware stores and nothing related to leather. Its not just a loop because it is attached to the back side somehow. Anyone know what it is called and where I can get some of these kinds of loops for a bag closure???

Thanks so much!!!

Nyis

A photo will make life soooo much easier :-)

I don't know what its called but I bet Ohio Travel Bag would have one. They have every purse/bag part there is.

I believe they call them strap loops, I have seen them, but can't recall where. I'll keep thinking on it.

Kevin

go to a hardware store and buy some 1/8" or 1/4" copper or brass tubing. Hammer it flat and cut it to length. Shape it into an oval around a ruler. Stick it into the slots and pinch it together in the back.

I'm sure that for MAYBE $2.00 you can make a whole bunch that could cost $5.00 or more.

pete

it was actually another post of yours i had seen them in.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=41466&st=0&p=257971&hl=+strap%20+loop&fromsearch=1entry257971 there is a reply with the direct link to them in OTB's catalog

Kevin