volpert

New Holster For Customer .22 Cal Single Action "zombie" Gun..lol

This is for a friend I have done some saddle work for. He said it's for his zombie apocolypse gun ! :)post-27630-0-92377600-1348885053_thumb.jpost-27630-0-40861500-1348885067_thumb.jpost-27630-0-90888100-1348885079_thumb.jpost-27630-0-27695600-1348885087_thumb.jpost-27630-0-70681100-1348885092_thumb.j

Its really cool but its not big enough for a zombie gun :)

Volpert, I like the overall look of this holster.

It's hard to see the detail, but it looks like it was a little difficult to stitch straight on it, down to the carving being near the edge?

The burnishing looks great on it..real nice.. ;)

I think Mike has a point tho..the .22 gun will only be effective against zombie pigeons.. :)

I reckon you need to have words with your friend, sit him down one evening with pizza, watch a load of zombie movies and maybe the Resident Evil series of films too..at least until the sunlight comes peeking thru the curtains.

And then he'll come back at ya for an over-the-shoulder, shotgun holster with cartridge strap, like this one that Mojoewrkn produced..

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=42447&hl=shotgun

He'll thank you for it, come the apocolypse ;) lol

Regards

Phil

It's hard to see the detail, but it looks like it was a little difficult to stitch straight on it, down to the carving being near the edge?

I think Mike has a point tho..the .22 gun will only be effective against zombie pigeons.. :)

I reckon you need to have words with your friend, sit him down one evening with pizza, watch a load of zombie movies and maybe the Resident Evil series of films too..at least until the sunlight comes peeking thru the curtains.

And then he'll come back at ya for an over-the-shoulder, shotgun holster with cartridge strap, like this one that Mojoewrkn produced..

http://leatherworker...2447&hl=shotgun

Regards

Phil

LOL Phil , I am with you! 44 mag and up for me! must be the pic...stitching is straight as a sailor at a topless bar. :) That is a nice rig for a shotgun! I could have used one for my ruger super redhawk..LOL Hopefully my German shepherds will protect me from the zombies...they have done an excellent job so far :) one of my fave zombie flicks was zombie land ! good fun.

thanks Phil

alex

Its really cool but its not big enough for a zombie gun :)

He has Zombie rats in his barn! LOL

Regards

Phil

I was just looking at the pic again and see what you are talking about....I had not cleaned all the wax off from around the stitches when I took these. I rub bees wax into the stitching to help protect the thread. The only camera I have is my phone....I need to get my hands on a good camera :(

Nice work, Volpert! Love your comments, Horrrk! Too funny!

Regards

Phil

LOL Phil , I am with you! 44 mag and up for me! must be the pic...stitching is straight as a sailor at a topless bar. :) That is a nice rig for a shotgun! I could have used one for my ruger super redhawk..LOL Hopefully my German shepherds will protect me from the zombies...they have done an excellent job so far :) one of my fave zombie flicks was zombie land ! good fun.

thanks Phil

alex

Hi Alex..lol 'straight as a sailor at a topless bar' That'd be fairly straight then.!! Haha!

As soon as the apocolypse hits, I'm swimming straight across the pond and heading for the Red Jacket Firearms establishment, I reckon, as I don't have German Shepherds..lol

Zombieland was and is fantastic..humour AND zombies in one movie.!! :) Plus all the top tips for staying alive...mustn't forget those.. ;)

I was just looking at the pic again and see what you are talking about....I had not cleaned all the wax off from around the stitches when I took these. I rub bees wax into the stitching to help protect the thread. The only camera I have is my phone....I need to get my hands on a good camera :(

I take pics, albeit mostly scenic ones, which I litter my facebook page with and they're taken on around $32 worth of secondhand camera, (including delivery) bought from eBay..there are some good ones for cheap out there.. ;)

Love your comments, Horrrk! Too funny!

:) Thankyou Benlily.. I'm not sure there's any such thing as 'Too funny' though.. :) lol

Take care all and mind the zombies.!! ;)

Phil

thanks Phil

alex

He has Zombie rats in his barn! LOL

Man, hasn't anyone seen I am Legend? Even your dog can be turned into a zombie! Then you are REALLY going to need that shotgun :) That, and I've seen some pretty huge rats over the years...

Nice work, Volpert! Love your comments, Horrrk! Too funny!

:) thank you

Man, hasn't anyone seen I am Legend? Even your dog can be turned into a zombie! Then you are REALLY going to need that shotgun :) That, and I've seen some pretty huge rats over the years...

LOL if my dogs turn zombie there is no hope !

how about a Ruger 1022 and a bunch of hi cap mags and 22 LR ammo is compact so you can carry thousands of rounds without much trouble

and a Ruger MK II target model for point blank and back up

a good ol street howitzer and a couple of C&B Remington navy models would kill zombies in style tho :gun:

BTW my REmington C&B revolver would look good in that holster!

Edited by St8LineGunsmith

I think .22 would be a great zombie gun. As st8 line said, you can carry a fair amount of ammo, the gun is lighter, easier to shoot, quieter & smaller. Some hollow points & you'll be blowing zombie brains everywhere. Don't forget caliber an m4 is barely bigger than a .22.

I think having kickarse leather gear to go with it helps.

I think .22 would be a great zombie gun. As st8 line said, you can carry a fair amount of ammo, the gun is lighter, easier to shoot, quieter & smaller. Some hollow points & you'll be blowing zombie brains everywhere. Don't forget caliber an m4 is barely bigger than a .22.

I think having kickarse leather gear to go with it helps.

A 22 LR is 0.223" diameter, and a 5.56 NATO is 0.224".

I agree, a 22LR is the way to go for Zombies.