Sign in to follow this  
loopinluke

Question On Bobbin Mess

I have a Ferdco 1010, and generally have pretty good luck with it. The issue I am having lately is that whenever I get to the end of a line of stitching which is next to something like a buckle, riggin plate, etc., and turn around and backstitch 3 or 4 stitches, the top side of the stitches are great, but the bottom side turns into a big wadded up mess. It lookes like the thread coming from the top gets a kink in it and so doesn't pull the lock back up in the middle of the leather. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Otherwise the stitches look great. I should mention that most of the time when this happens it is where the leather is a little thicker after having wrapped around a buckle etc. I would sure appreciate any help you could give me.

I'm not sure what machine the 1010 is BUT it's tension related & probably one of 3-things,the first thing to try is cleaning the thread discs out because lint will build up in there & give you loose tension,#2 can be on the thickness your tension is being released from sewing so thick & #3 is hook timing.

So the easiest thing to try is cleaning the tension try that out & see what happens.

Couple of other things to check. The presser foot has to remain firmly on the leather. When turning around to back stay, make sure there is no space between the top of the leather and the bottom of the foot. Likewise the leather should be flat against the throat plate.

Also check to see if the tension is releasing when you lift the foot to turn. It's fine if it does, but before you start sewing again make sure the needle thread is seated back in the tension. If not, set the foot back down and pull the thread all the way back into the disc before you start sewing again.

Regards, Eric