gunter

Military Pommelholsters

howdy crafters,

a while ago I made a pair of pommelholsters for myself, by the patterns and instructions of Jim Simmons. Now I made a set of pommelhosters for the Civil War period. I combined the pattern of Jim S with a pattern I have of the civil war holster. I know I need to improve my "toe plug" pratice, but these plugs I did for the first time.

So I hope you like it.

cheers,

Gunter

post-12134-088972800 1318533703_thumb.jp

post-12134-053885700 1318533715_thumb.jp

post-12134-016720800 1318533732_thumb.jp

post-12134-088402800 1318533749_thumb.jp

post-12134-063952000 1318533768_thumb.jp

post-12134-023057500 1318533785_thumb.jp

Looking good. Toe plugs are the bane of my existence. I cheat on them now. I stich the plug to a thinner piece of leather that is larger, it is turned up and the holster is stiched to the turned up piece. It works a little easier.

thanks for the advice, will try that too ;-)

Nice work on the holsters. Here is a link that has photos of real civil war pommel holsters.

My link

If you look all of them have brass fittings on the ends... does away with the need to sew in the toe plug.

Thought everybody would like to see the real thing.

Bill

Nice work on the holsters. Here is a link that has photos of real civil war pommel holsters.

My link

If you look all of them have brass fittings on the ends... does away with the need to sew in the toe plug.

Thought everybody would like to see the real thing.

Bill

Leaddriver,

thanks for your reply, but there are 2 types of pommelholsters on my pics, a pair of CW and a pair of IW. The IW pommelholsters have the toeplug.

I would like to see the pics of you, but link doens't work :-(.

cheers

Gunter

This link doesn't work either. It seems you need to log in every time you need to see the photos. The best would be to copy the photos and add them to your post so you do not have to give everyone your login info in order to see them.

Frank

This link doesn't work either. It seems you need to log in every time you need to see the photos. The best would be to copy the photos and add them to your post so you do not have to give everyone your login info in order to see them.

Frank

post-8263-008598500 1319677868_thumb.jpg