Ian

Second seat of the week finished - Smith and Wesson

This one was a bit more fun to make, and a lot less work. I wish I got more of these jobs

Once again, I ran short of lace. I dyed 7 x 30inch lengths, and sure as heck, I was 3 holes short of finishing the braid. Thank goodness I had a tiny bit of the original dye mix left over.

Smith_and_Wesson2.jpg

post-6120-1239830137_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian

2nd one this week...what have you got, a pile of elves that work while you sleep?

Great job. I like this one better than the other one, although the other one must have been way more work. I'll bet this bike looks better too.

2nd one this week...what have you got, a pile of elves that work while you sleep?

Great job. I like this one better than the other one,

Thanks Dave. Two a week isn't that unusual, but the usual seat job I get is basically just a seat recovering job, sometimes reshaping the foam or putting a gel insert in, but believe it or not, between making the pattern (I never use the original cover as a pattern anymore) and the rest, they are usually as time consuming as the more artistic ones. Still, work is work.

This one was a bit more fun to make, and a lot less work. I wish I got more of these jobs

Once again, I ran short of lace. I dyed 7 x 30inch lengths, and sure as heck, I was 3 holes short of finishing the braid. Thank goodness I had a tiny bit of the original dye mix left over.

Try buying the pre dyed kangaroo lace..... If you are still using that calfskin lace from Tandy, treat yourself the the real deal.... you may have to hike seat prices a couple bucks, but it is worth it for you and the customer.

Dave

Obviously I'm a latecomer to this thread, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to give congrats on a fantastic seat. trumpet.gif

great seat, nice and clean

Very Nice Work!

Joker

Very neat and clean, center design looks great!

Tom

That's Simple Sweet!

I LOVE it!

That is a beautiful looking seat!