Southtexas

Stitching Horse

I took the design from The Art of Hand Sewing Leather but I didn't have a 'standard' chair available. I left those front legs off, and simply screwed the whole thing to the bottom of the seat on one of my bar stools. Works better than I imagined. There are stitching ponies, stitching horses... with the long legs this is my Stitching High Horse.

post-21615-029185600 1310920393_thumb.jp

Looks like you adapted it to your needs quite well!

A friend of the family has made me a stitching horse, same design, was wondering where to get the 'spring' and the other 'gadget' in your pic made of metal with 'teeth' looks like a heavy saw. Is this something you had custom made or is it something that is used for something else but adapted for this purpose?

Thanks,

Journey Leather

A friend of the family has made me a stitching horse, same design, was wondering where to get the 'spring' and the other 'gadget' in your pic made of metal with 'teeth' looks like a heavy saw. Is this something you had custom made or is it something that is used for something else but adapted for this purpose?

Thanks,

Journey Leather

I've got a few of the "combs" and the bent piece that go on one. PM or email me.

I built mine out of the same AS book, I just made a wider back support for legs used the same angles and added a support between the two blocks. You should be able to pick up the springs at a HD or Lowes or any other hardware store, and the locking plate I used a hacksaw, reciprocating saw, drill press and mill/bastard file to cut the teeth.

post-36258-0-42774300-1364481615_thumb.j

post-36258-0-59924000-1364481699_thumb.j

post-36258-0-00766100-1364481919_thumb.j

post-36258-0-80995700-1364481945_thumb.j

Those are great. I hope more folks post pics of theirs as well. So many options