sdebers

Help With An End Knot .... Entiendo Posted It Before :)

Hi,

I'm new to braiding and to the board. been doing lots of reading, and searching but having some issue finding :rolleyes2:

I think my newness means I'm not using the right terminology when searching....

Ok, so I'm looking for some help with an End knot.

I'd like to have it look like the one the entiendo used on the end of the corss in this thread Cross Thread included a pic of the actual sample entiendo had posted

I'm plaiting in 12 so I'll be seperating into 2 - 6 plaits into this knot...

Can anyone help me with what the knot is and maybe some a tutorial on how to create it?

thanks

post-27618-030785000 1325866758_thumb.jp

Looks like a pineapple knot.

B...

Brian, thanks for the response, I checked out the Pineapple knots on your website and I've done some of these....

My question... is there a difference in a pineapple knot and a pineapple button?

I've done long pineapple buttons, but they are open on both end, like they were created on a mandrel, how does the end get closed?

Also, if the know is created with a single lace, like a button is done on a mandrel in 1 color, how are you connecting this to the plaited pieces?

Also Brain there is a similar knot... with some added intracacy on your gallery in Nils G. Nerland this one Knot .... I think this is a similar knot... yes or no??

You need a knot under the pineapple to act as a foundation. You can you a few strands of what you are plaiting with or run two strands through the braid where you want it to end to make a 4 strand ring knot and cut off the excess.

4 strand ring knot pics

To see how to do it with the strings of your plait look in Grant's book at how he puts the end on a San Juan honda. Just a minute I'll get the page... Page 201 Plate 78 Fig 9 - 12.

Brian, thanks for the response, I checked out the Pineapple knots on your website and I've done some of these....

My question... is there a difference in a pineapple knot and a pineapple button?

I've done long pineapple buttons, but they are open on both end, like they were created on a mandrel, how does the end get closed?

Also, if the know is created with a single lace, like a button is done on a mandrel in 1 color, how are you connecting this to the plaited pieces?

Also Brain there is a similar knot... with some added intracacy on your gallery in Nils G. Nerland this one Knot .... I think this is a similar knot... yes or no??

No. There is no difference between the two knots. Some call it a button and some call it a knot. No difference.

Any two bight knot and 4 bight knot can be closed on the ends. You just have to work it closed.

Similar in the way the pattern is done yes. But building the knot is done differently. The one you speak of is a multi-stranded knot. The one that Entiendo did in the example you provided is a single stranded pineapple knot. But then again I could be wrong and I think we should wait for Entiendo to chime in on that knot. You could always send Entiendo a PM here and ask what the knot is and if it is a single strand knot.

B...