amuckart

Pfaff 441-R 755 Help

Hi all,

I've just acquired a Pfaff 441-R 755 driven roller foot/roller feed flatbed machine out of a shoe factory. It's got a needle positioning servo and is quite a step up from my old 34-5, though that still sews just fine.

I've figured out most things, how to change stitch length, how to thread the bobbins etc and most of where I would need to hook up a driver for the thread trimming knife if I ever want that to work again/can figure out how to hook it to the control box on the motor.

What I can't figure out for the life of me is where the oil goes!

It's got a sump and a little oil gauge on the front, but I can't see where to put oil in. Also the thing I'm assuming is the oil pump isn't electrically connected, and the connector on the end of the wire is different to the available connectors on the Ho-Hsing servo motor it's equipped with.

There are parts manuals for this machine all over the Internet, but nothing in the way of an operators or service manual. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately that, along with all the other links that show up on a google search for the model number, is just the parts list, not a user manual.

There's a service manual for a slightly different variant but it doesnt answer the things I'm still trying to work out.

Try to ascertain if the pump works as the machine spins. If so, tilt the head back on its hinges and pour a liter of oil into the oil pan. Try to sew at at least 1500 rpm to maintain good pump pressure to distribute the oil to all extremities of the wicks and tubes. These machines may stop pumping needed oil at slower speeds (like 1000 rpm or less). Self oiling, pump equipped machines do not operate properly at slower leather work speeds.

Hi Wiz,

1341702454[/url]' post='255586']

Try to ascertain if the pump works as the machine spins. If so, tilt the head back on its hinges and pour a liter of oil into the oil pan. Try to sew at at least 1500 rpm to maintain good pump pressure to distribute the oil to all extremities of the wicks and tubes. These machines may stop pumping needed oil at slower speeds (like 1000 rpm or less). Self oiling, pump equipped machines do not operate properly at slower leather work speeds.

it sounds like you're thinking of a different type of machine. Theres no oil pan as such on this machine, and the pump is electric not mechanically driven by the motion of the machine. The Pfaff 441 is a machine specifically designed for sewing shoe amd garment weight leather.

the oil level indicator has an hole in the top of it just put your oil bottle in it and squeeze till oil reaches the top line .simple as that