http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...amp;#entry36163

Well here is the finished vest that I made doing the turorial on vest making. Take 1/2 a cow, 1 pig. some nylon mesh, and a bit of glue. Punch 2040 holes on the leather, dab some glue here and there, and run 530 feet of lace through all those holes 2 times, and this is what you come out with.

Marcel_4.jpg

Marcel_3.jpg

Marcel_2.jpg

Marcel_1.jpg

Hope you all like it.

Ken

post-1605-1207295803_thumb.jpg

post-1605-1207295813_thumb.jpg

post-1605-1207295819_thumb.jpg

post-1605-1207295826_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johanna
added the link to the tutorial

hey beav, i followed you tutorial with jaw on the ground...sooooo much work but what a great result. How long would it take you to make a vest like this?

Thanks Roo, this one took 47 hours in all, it really is a labour of love.

Ken

Wow, Ken, simply amazing. That tutorial is awesome too, thanks for taking the time.

Again, I have to say The folks here make this site the best out there.

John

That is a super nice vest, thankyou for sharing it and the wonderful tutorial as well.

Clair

Ken , A BIG THANKS to you for taking the time to show us what it

takes to do Quality work.

i really admire your LeatherWork.

awesome..... gorgeous... I want one too Linda

Wow, Ken, simply amazing. That tutorial is awesome too, thanks for taking the time.

Again, I have to say The folks here make this site the best out there.

John

The people of this site are incredible. Ken has been with us pretty much from the start, and is one of our Ambassadors. In addition to doing outstanding leatherwork and teaching and writing great unselfish lessons, he also welcomes new members to LW and helps folks find their way around our site. Can we get a round of applause for Beaverslayer? Thanks for sharing and caring, Ken. We're all glad you are here.

Johanna

The people of this site are incredible. Ken has been with us pretty much from the start, and is one of our Ambassadors. In addition to doing outstanding leatherwork and teaching and writing great unselfish lessons, he also welcomes new members to LW and helps folks find their way around our site. Can we get a round of applause for Beaverslayer? Thanks for sharing and caring, Ken. We're all glad you are here.

Johanna

Oh yeah!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Such a great tutorials that I added it to my list of things to try to make while you were still in the process of posting it. Now that it is done it has quickly moved up my list to be something to do sooner. That is right after all my show and fair projects already in the process. Thanks again for sharing.

:blink: yowza! now that's noyce!

Johanna

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

tom

Can we get a round of applause for Beaverslayer?

Absolutely!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

BTW, nice touch braiding the ties on the sides.

Edited by Gremlin

Thank you everyone for the accolaides, they are much appreciated. Can't wait to see some of the ones you guys are going to make.

Curtis, I got a "Beeza Blister" on the end of my finger braiding those things, it's the one thing I just hate to do. They are about 6 feet long each. This way the customer can size them accordingly to how they want.

Ken

Great job, Beaver! And great tutorial too! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

That is one very very nice vest. I also followed your tutorial and its great. Thanks

You are a true artist, craftsman and much more. We are lucky you are here.

Thank you,

:thumbsup::notworthy::clapping::yes:

The link to the tutorial Beaverslayer graciously labored on is here:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...amp;#entry36163

He gave me permission to make a separate set of pages for it that we could feature on the front page of the site and that members could use for quick reference. Stay tuned- I'm working on it! :)

Johanna

Wow, Ken! Somehow I missed your tutorial the first time around. Really beautiful, amazing work!

Well thank you Tom, I really appreciate the compliments. Once I shipped this vest to the customer, it was supposed to be delivered the next day by noon. Well our great postal service here in Canada decided to give me and the customer weekend long heart palpations. It was lost unitl late Monday night, after being shipped early Thursday morning.

He did get it finally, and was extremely happy with the final product. He is going to send me pictures of him wearing it, and I;ll post them up as soon as I can.

On a good note for Canada Post, they did refund all my money for the delay in the shipping.

Ken

Ken:

The vest is beautiful.

Some post man desided to wear it out a couple of nights thats all. :yeah:

Very nice work, and just in time. I was thinking of making myself a badass vest for riding this season. Now I can. Thank you for the hard work.

Sweet, that looks great. I'm gonna have to check out that tutorial when I get some time. Some things I have infinite patience for, some I have none... I hope braiding I have some patience for lol.

the vests look great and i love the tutorial have you ever made a jacket?

the vests look great and i love the tutorial have you ever made a jacket?

Donnie,

Thanks for the compliment on the vest.

Regarding making a jacket, I have yet to do so. I came close this past Christmas season, as a customer wanted one made for her husband, but together we decided that there was just not enough time before December 25th to make it.

I have been working on a "Long Rider" for myself for over 3 years now, but it is a BIG BIG labor of love, and may be 3 more years before I can finish it. I would truly love to be able to just sit down for a few weeks and just do nothing but finish the coat, but there are far maor pressing things to be done.

Hopefully I will be able to get a jacket order this year, in time for Christmas....lol

Cheers