Hi Y'all,

Recently a friend bought what he was told, by the seller, to be an RT Frazier saddle, "In mint condition," for $3K. After seeing it, I'm troubled about the saddle's authenticity even though it has some RT Frazier features. Here are a few observations.

There's a Frazier stamp on both fenders and latigo holder...but none visible elsewhere.

The horn is solid brass and exposed and all conchos are silver on brass while the D rings are solid nickle all consistent with early made Frazier's.

There is NO serial number which is inconsistent with the tradition of Frazier mail order saddles.

It's a well made older saddle, in very good condition but it's not, in my opinion a Frazier. Without taking it apart to reveal the date and name on the tree, I can't be certain but I have little doubt that my pal was taken by the seller.

I've been wrong on many things involving saddles and saddle making over the years so chime in with your opinions on this matter please.

Chipper.

sorry to hear. i'm writing because i picked up at auction this last week end a r.t. frazier saddle. in very good condition other than the rawhide is mostly missing from the crandle . the saddle measures 14 1/2 has built in saddle bags and a small pouch in back. and it has a bent over nude covering her self. thing is its tooled under the skirt pat.apr. for cast iron round stirrups and a brass horn. and every thing is marked with logos