JinxedDream

Skeleton Rig Saddle - What Tree

Hopefully this is the right topic. I dabble into leatherwork and repair when needed but this project is beyond my skill. I have a professional enlisted to help me, she's worked with leather for years and has done some saddles. And if not, there's a custom maker not far from me who would help.

Anyway, I'd like to build a skeleton saddle for endurance racing. Does anyone know where we could find a cable-rigged endurance tree (I don't want a horn)? I know Laporte has the cable-rig but I'm not sure if they make an endurance tree. I tried contacting CSST but never got an answer. Then, any recommendations on the type and weight of leather to use? The saddle would have the seat half-covered with jockeys so the stirrup leathers are covers and the cable. It would also have skirts.

If there's anything you think I need to know to do my research properly, please let me know. My friend (the professional) has told me I have to bring the supplies and she would bring the tools and the skills. I do have the saddlemaking books so I can understand the process.

Or if anyone knows someone who makes saddles like what I'm looking for, names help too!

CSST makes a cable rigged endurance tree. Try them again. I am sure Heath just missed the call/message.

Thanks, I will!