Singermania

Wanted Singer Heavy Sewers

HI, I'm a mini collector and buyer and seller of old heavy Singer sewing machines, in particular I like the Singer 132K6, this machine I believe was mostly made in Scotland so they are not as common in the US, but still around I think, I would be interested in any machines and parts therof. I am aslo seeking dead or alive Singer 47K1, 7-9, 7-33 or similar and 144WSV38. Its not that these machines are any better than other models, its just that I find them attractively designed and have also got to know them and how to repair and restore them. I would also be interested to hear people's experiences with the Chinese copies of these machines. Regards Steve

Hey. I ve got 2 SINGER 47K1 in perfect working condition .A grey one with serial no:EG813333 (dated 1951) and a black one with serial no EH518755 (dated 1953).

The machines have been in my sail loft but recently I got myself an ADLER 366 Long and high arm so they are not used anymore.

If you are interested my email is saildoctor.rhodes@yahoo.com send me an address where I can send pictures and we can come to a good deal.

With friendly greetings

KYRIAKOS MALAPETSAS

GLAROS SAILS RHODES

GREECE

TEL :0030 6947 230 900

0030 22410 42073

I just purchased a Singer 7-31 and will have it running soon – the table has not arrived yet. This is a real beast of a machine. What do you use for oil? I’m thinking that regular sewing machine oil may be too light and something heavier should be used. I have downloaded the manual and will have it running soon. A leather worker purchased it from the military but he used it very little. It appears to have had little use. It seems to sew pretty well and hasn’t been sitting in a barn, just a little shop dirt from lack of use. It needs adjusting to do long stitches, without making thread nests on the bottom. Any information about oil you use or general problems and adjustments would be greatly appreciated. I too like to repair the old Singer machines. Best regards from Nebraska USA

Hi Rich,

Lily Stitching oil will do fine, also Sellari's stitcher oil. Any light oil (mineral oil) works, just make sure it is NON-detergent.

Art

I just purchased a Singer 7-31 and will have it running soon – the table has not arrived yet. This is a real beast of a machine. What do you use for oil? I’m thinking that regular sewing machine oil may be too light and something heavier should be used. I have downloaded the manual and will have it running soon. A leather worker purchased it from the military but he used it very little. It appears to have had little use. It seems to sew pretty well and hasn’t been sitting in a barn, just a little shop dirt from lack of use. It needs adjusting to do long stitches, without making thread nests on the bottom. Any information about oil you use or general problems and adjustments would be greatly appreciated. I too like to repair the old Singer machines. Best regards from Nebraska USA

Art, Thanks for the information about oils. Lily oil seems to be availalbe a number of places.

Richard

Hi Rich,

Lily Stitching oil will do fine, also Sellari's stitcher oil. Any light oil (mineral oil) works, just make sure it is NON-detergent.

Art

I have a Singer 144W long arm that is in working condition. I have a nice boat foot and a nice collection of spare parts in a storage chest that I would part with. Email if interested.

HI Kuyriakos,

I have found a 47KSV10, bigger than the 47k1 and am happy with that, however I can give you a couple hundred for each machine if you want to move them on. Regards Steve

Hey. I ve got 2 SINGER 47K1 in perfect working condition .A grey one with serial no:EG813333 (dated 1951) and a black one with serial no EH518755 (dated 1953).

The machines have been in my sail loft but recently I got myself an ADLER 366 Long and high arm so they are not used anymore.

If you are interested my email is saildoctor.rhodes@yahoo.com send me an address where I can send pictures and we can come to a good deal.

With friendly greetings

KYRIAKOS MALAPETSAS

GLAROS SAILS RHODES

GREECE

TEL :0030 6947 230 900

0030 22410 42073

HI, nice to hear you have a lovely 7-31, they are an excellent machine!

They can be a bit fussy with their thread tensions, so make sure the shuttle is clean and well oiled, that the tension on the top is steady and firmish. Also worth checking that the hook is close enough to the needle when it rotates.

With regards to oils, I think that the advise you have recieved is excellent, however I'm not concerned about marking materials so I use a good grade of thin motor oil, sounds strange but I find it does a good job.

Regards Steve

name='richspe' timestamp='1319581769' post='218284']

I just purchased a Singer 7-31 and will have it running soon – the table has not arrived yet. This is a real beast of a machine. What do you use for oil? I'm thinking that regular sewing machine oil may be too light and something heavier should be used. I have downloaded the manual and will have it running soon. A leather worker purchased it from the military but he used it very little. It appears to have had little use. It seems to sew pretty well and hasn't been sitting in a barn, just a little shop dirt from lack of use. It needs adjusting to do long stitches, without making thread nests on the bottom. Any information about oil you use or general problems and adjustments would be greatly appreciated. I too like to repair the old Singer machines. Best regards from Nebraska USA

HI, the 144 is a great machine and improved over the 132K6, ordinarily I would be interested in purchase, however at the mo have a number in stock. Sorry about that, hope you find it a good home. Am still searching for Singer 97-10 and any Pearson machine. Best Regards Steve

I have a Singer 144W long arm that is in working condition. I have a nice boat foot and a nice collection of spare parts in a storage chest that I would part with. Email if interested.

Hi there,

I have a Singer 52K22 in very nice shape except one of the hooks is worn. would you know of a source of parts for this old machine? Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil, even though the K would indicate this machine was made in Scotland they seem to be mainly found in the US. The dealers seem to stock them.. ie USA-Dealer etc. I'm in Oz and not really familiar with the mode. Sorry about that. Regards STeve

Hi Steve,what would be the going price for a 29k71 or the 132k6.i have a lead on both these machines but am wary of the price.Just a rough top price would be good,both are supposedly in good nick.These are in WA.Thanks mate.