Sign in to follow this  
wolvenstien

Would you enter a contest via mail?

Would you enter a contest via mail? or post pictures? Trying to see if more people would mail thier entry in to be judged or if they would rather post pictures of the entry....

I understand the benefits of actually seeing a leather product in person, but I guess I'd always envisioned a show taking place entirely online. Competitors would post the best pictures possible, and the members would vote via polls for the winners.

Otherwise, how would we get good judges? Ideally, a judge should be very knowledgeable in the field they're judging. Take me, for example. I could take a look at a carving and tell you which one appeals most to me aesthetically, but I'd have a hard time awarding points based on technique or relative complexity of the piece. Just don't have that kind of knowledge....

I understand the benefits of actually seeing a leather product in person, but I guess I'd always envisioned a show taking place entirely online. Competitors would post the best pictures possible, and the members would vote via polls for the winners.

Otherwise, how would we get good judges? Ideally, a judge should be very knowledgeable in the field they're judging. Take me, for example. I could take a look at a carving and tell you which one appeals most to me aesthetically, but I'd have a hard time awarding points based on technique or relative complexity of the piece. Just don't have that kind of knowledge....

Count me in as a contestant. Will you have a beginners, very new to, just learning, but love leather catagory??? :) stephanie

Count me in as a contestant. Will you have a beginners, very new to, just learning, but love leather catagory??? :) stephanie

Ditto and then ditto, ditto, ditti, & ditto. :book:

Regis

I will have to ditto those last two remarks also..

See we are a catagory already :) stephanie

The question I am asking here is if the what type would you rather enter, mail in your item, or submit pictures?

The question I am asking here is if the what type would you rather enter, mail in your item, or submit pictures?

I'd say pictures. I don't necessarily trust the post office or ups while handling entries. But then again, I don't necessarily trust my picture taking abilities either.

But If we do send them in, would the items be then sent to each judge?

I am all for posting pictures and voting via a poll. I am not sure if I agree with having an anything goes competition, it is hard for people to judge a belt that is competing against a motorcycle seat on an equal plane.

Why doesnt the contest commttee pick a subject and the members vote.

Just my $0.02.

If using online pictures, then I'd suggest having top 3 or 4 entries sent to judges (validation of WYSIWYG) prior to final announcement. That will assure that better photography doesn't edge out better leatherwork.

Regis

You can count me in no matter how the judgeing is done. I'm flexable s gumby when it comes to that. You know Just happy to be here.