Tina

My Gargoyle purse is finished

Here's the second new item I had with me to the Spring show in Indiana...I also got first prize and category winner, I'm sooo blown away:-)

OMG I LOVE IT!!! I love the fur sides and the leather and the strings and the colors. WOW. how was fur attached to the sides? I've been waiting to work with my fur sides too. How many pieces is that?

Heeej jeah! That is one nice and fluffy piece of art! Love it!!

Big grattis to the win, never doubted you could do it! Dä' ä bar' å' åk, vettu!!

Tom

First, Thank You, both Tom and Spider:-)

Spider...

I have some leather on the top of the fur so the string can run free in the grommets. These 2 pieces I sew together on a sewing machine. The same with the inside (I should have a photo of that one too) the inside is the same size black leather on the top but I have red deer hide instead of the fur here. I sew this 2 pieces tohetjer omn the machine so I end up with 2 sides all together. Then I hand stich the pieces to the tooled part. The last piece is the one covering the tooled side and that is red and hand sewn "in-side-out" If you want, I can take some pictures of it, just howl:-)

Hi Tina,

That purse looks great, the fur sides add a lot to it. I think that barb pattern you carved on some of those purses is just the neatest pattern. I hope we get to see pictures of the rest of your winning entries from the show.

Congrats!!!! I knew you would be a winner.

Clay

That purse is awsome Tina! Fur -n- stuff is nice... (woof!)

I see you like to use medival conchos... Boy we should talk; Ive been producung conchos for 15+ years and have hundreds of designs...

(Long before the commercial companies tried their hands at doing "celtic" stuff!)

First, Thank You, both Tom and Spider:-)

Spider...

I have some leather on the top of the fur so the string can run free in the grommets. These 2 pieces I sew together on a sewing machine. The same with the inside (I should have a photo of that one too) the inside is the same size black leather on the top but I have red deer hide instead of the fur here. I sew this 2 pieces tohetjer omn the machine so I end up with 2 sides all together. Then I hand stich the pieces to the tooled part. The last piece is the one covering the tooled side and that is red and hand sewn "in-side-out" If you want, I can take some pictures of it, just howl:-)

A pic of the inside would be cool. I'm howling baby!!!

Gratz again....your work is just breathtaking!!

thats real purdy Tina...i dig the hair on look...very cool stuff!!...when you use hair on leathers and sew them to another piece do you have to shave the "to be stitched" edge of the hair on...like a 1/4 or half inch or so??

thanks darryl

Hi Tina,That purse looks great, the fur sides add a lot to it. I think that barb pattern you carved on some of those purses is just the neatest pattern. I hope we get to see pictures of the rest of your winning entries from the show. Congrats!!!! I knew you would be a winner.Clay
Hi Clay and Thank You for kicking my but down there:-) I've met so many wonderful people and also learned a lot of trciks and tips. Talked a lot to Alex Madsen (head judge) really helpful. OK, Clay, so I used the camera and here's my "Show of" picture of the entries :whistle:
A pic of the inside would be cool. I'm howling baby!!!
I hope I can get the picture up (or if I have to wait, well I give it a try. The furrrry purse on the inside:-)
That purse is awsome Tina! Fur -n- stuff is nice... (woof!)I see you like to use medival conchos... Boy we should talk; Ive been producung conchos for 15+ years and have hundreds of designs...(Long before the commercial companies tried their hands at doing "celtic" stuff!)
Please...Can you send me some photos? When I started this gargoyle purse Tandy had in their catalog a gargoyle concho but...As so many things latley they stoped carying them :-(
Gratz again....your work is just breathtaking!!
Thank You, glad you like it:-)

spring_show.jpg

post-5624-1209318421_thumb.jpg

thats real purdy Tina...i dig the hair on look...very cool stuff!!...when you use hair on leathers and sew them to another piece do you have to shave the "to be stitched" edge of the hair on...like a 1/4 or half inch or so??

thanks darryl

Hi Darryl and Thanks:-)

No, I don't shave the fur, I want to keep as much as possible so I use masking tape to "take it away from the edges", then I do the stiches. Mocky and irritating but I like the resault.

Girl, you got it working alright! Such a beautiful purse. Love it! Geez, I don't use a purse but I'd like to have it just so I could admire it for real! It's such beautiful work you do. No wonder you won those awards at the show. I had no doubt whatsoever that you would :)

And thanks for the pics of the inside. I was wondering how you did it in there. Pretty neat! Hope you won't mind, but I saved the pictures in my ideas folder for future reference. Don't want to copy, but I'm sure they'll be handy for inspiration.

Tina - wow. Even better when the whole collection is shown together! I like that you chose red for the inside of that bag - gave it really nice pop.

Congrats again! (Now those darn gentlemen need to show us theirs, too.)

Crystal

Congrats Tina, you sure did deserve to win, that white furry purse is to die for.....

<sigh> You know how I feel about your work Tina. You are first rate!

Myriam,

I hope it helps some and super thank you for your trust in me:-)

Crystal

Great Thanks:-) I think Clay has some picture in "leatherwork conversation/greetings from Mich.City" or something similar, look around.

Thank You Roo, I try to make them interesting even on the inside if I have the material at home:-)

Hi Tazz...Having the keyboard covered with plastic? Great Thanks, I always appreciate your comments:-)

You know. Typing on a double covered Saran Wrap keyboard isn't as easy as one would think!

You know. Typing on a double covered Saran Wrap keyboard isn't as easy as one would think!

*LOL* You know, there is those shadow keyboards out there (laser???) You only have to wipe of the desktop:-)

It might be cheaper than replacing all the wet keyboards! LOL

not sure I want to know why your keyboard is wet. :head_hurts_kr:

not sure I want to know why your keyboard is wet. :head_hurts_kr:

Wife drooling on it while looking at Tina's work.

OMG I LOVE IT!!! I love the fur sides and the leather and the strings and the colors. WOW. how was fur attached to the sides? I've been waiting to work with my fur sides too. How many pieces is that?

Spider. Sometimes Leather has fur on it before they shave it just so you know.

Tina, a big congratulation for doing so well at the show, we all knew you would do well, your work is just wonderful. Keep up the great work, and a big thank you for always posting your pics, we all love to see them.

Ken

Tina, a big congratulation for doing so well at the show, we all knew you would do well, your work is just wonderful. Keep up the great work, and a big thank you for always posting your pics, we all love to see them.

Ken

Thaks Beaver:-)

I wasn't sure at all, I needed the kick in the b... from here and I'm for ever greatful for all your confidence in my work, Super Thanks:-)