How long does this stuff take to cure?

Also, I'm using it to mount beads on pins into the edge of a strap. I want to bore holes in the strap, but the hole is larger than the pin (I've done a test piece, but while I'm waiting for it to set I thought I'd ask). Will the Leather Weld adhere to the pin, or should I use Krazy Glue?

Edited by tashabear

I use leatherweld almost exclusively for gluing leather to wood on my projects. I press the piece under weight for a couple hours to finish "setting". I find that works for me. In your situation, well, I'm not sure. I'd likely give it a try first, and as a backup go with the Crazy Glue.

I use leatherweld almost exclusively for gluing leather to wood on my projects. I press the piece under weight for a couple hours to finish "setting". I find that works for me. In your situation, well, I'm not sure. I'd likely give it a try first, and as a backup go with the Crazy Glue.

Yeah, the pin pulled right out, so I'm going to go with the Krazy Glue. Thanks, though!

try using the gel control super glue by loctite.

try using the gel control super glue by loctite.

Next time. I have the Krazy Glue in hand; I'd have to go out and find the stuff you're recommending.

walmart and home depot carry it. you can probably find it at lowe's and office depot too. I like it coz it holds well and it's easier to get just the riiiight amount out easily. I'm one of those who always end up squeezing a tube too much and suddenly there's glue everywhere. plus this stuff stays put where ya put it.

walmart and home depot carry it. you can probably find it at lowe's and office depot too. I like it coz it holds well and it's easier to get just the riiiight amount out easily. I'm one of those who always end up squeezing a tube too much and suddenly there's glue everywhere. plus this stuff stays put where ya put it.

The Krazy Glue I have has a brush applicator, so it's really not an issue.

oo! is it the one that's colored purple until it dries and it's clear? I used that one before the gel stuff came out. it was pretty good stuff too. I just hated having to brush, dip, brush, dip, brush, dip... *L*

oo! is it the one that's colored purple until it dries and it's clear? I used that one before the gel stuff came out. it was pretty good stuff too. I just hated having to brush, dip, brush, dip, brush, dip... *L*

That's the stuff. It's not that big a deal; there are only six pearls going on the points of this coronet. I'm actually done with it now, but it was so nerve-wracking drilling the holes for the pins that I'm wiped out. There will be pictures later.