tazzmann

Motorcycle Tool Bag

Here is a tool bag i finished for a customer. He got it this last Wednesday and said he really liked it, he even threw in an extra $30 on top of the asking price...

DSC03392.JPG

DSC03394.JPG

post-5650-1206258470_thumb.jpg

post-5650-1206258615_thumb.jpg

Hey Tazz, this looks good. I have been wanting to make one for my bike but have not yet. The one I had was barely used anyway.

Tazz,

I rarely see a bag so well constructed that I think....you could have left the tooling off of that one.... but you could have.... the bag really didn't need it. That is as professional a job as I've seen.

Dave Theobald

http://theobaldleather.com

thanks for the kind words guys. Happy Easter!

Nice job Tazzman! I'd have thrown in and extra $30 myself.

If yoiu don't mind a suggestion (and it's only personal preference) I think I would have beveled the lacing to smooth it out

and minimize the edge show.

That's a great looking toolbag, tazzmann. Very tight and clean lacing.

thanks guys for the comments!

Hedge, i usually do bevel the lacing, but was in a rush to get this one out, so grabbed the first lace that hit my fingers... It was the Tandy's pro lace. oops. oh well.

Know what you mean. As long as the customer is happy, that's what counts.

Yeah, I've had my problems with the pro lace. When I had access to a Tandy, I could go through the stock and find the good stuff.

nice job! looks to be a well finished bag

Very nicely done there Taz, great job.

Ken

What a nice looking toolbag, Taz!

It looks outstanding and I can understand that the guy was so happy!

What kind of braid did you lace it with and about beveling lace how's it done?

Good job!

Tom

Thanks guys. Again, I appreciate the comments.

Tom, it is a double loop switching to a single loop on the single layer and then back to a double loop. About 4 hours of lacing. Beveling the lace is just that, you bevel the underneath side so that you have a thinner edge which means that most of the center whitish area doesn't show or show as bad.

Hedge, i bought the pro lace to do things around the house with and don't care about the edge look of the lace, but normally i don't use it on stuff I send out, so this one was a real boo-boo. i usually use superior or roo lace which doesn't break as much and has a much more even color throughout.

Hedge, i bought the pro lace to do things around the house with and don't care about the edge look of the lace, but normally i don't use it on stuff I send out, so this one was a real boo-boo. i usually use superior or roo lace which doesn't break as much and has a much more even color throughout.

Yup, the Pro was for practice, Superior for finish work or even better, 'roo. That's practically all I use now and cut my own. Sure is sweet

leather to work with. One of the best things about 'roo is that you can re-use the same piece if you aren't satisfied with the result.

Tazz looks great. An idea for you if you don't already know; What I do for the upper straps is use a bag punch the same size of the strap and punch 2 holes, stick the upper strap through the holes and then rivet them. No chance of them rolling over that way with age. Just an idea.