xs400

Hello From South Alabama

Hey, guys! I am new to working with leather and came to learn a few things...ok, EVERYTHING! I am self taught as far as sewing is concerned. I never really cared much for it until I got my hands on some leather last year. That was when everything changed. I had the most horrendous beginners machine to ever exist! I upgraded to an old Necchi Supernova which helped a bit but obviously does not have the muscle to eat through leather. I am on the Craigslist hunt! I also want to learn to hand stitch to make bags. I don't know anything about types or grades of leather yet, but I am reading everything on this site and will soon have a better understanding. My brother wants me to have a go at making a sheath for his machete so I could use some help in picking the right leather and knowledge of good sites to order from. I have a sweet motorcycle that needs a new awesome seat so that is at the top of the list after i get a new machine.

I am pumped to start and can't wait to show you guys a project! I look forward to speaking with all of you and soaking up all of your leather knowledge!!!!

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here with lots of knowledge.

Chief

welcome to the house of fun sir......cant wait to see your first projects.

Ma'am ;) Thanks guys!

Welcome, To the best leather site on the net, You'll learn sooooo much here too, you will love it .