tat2

Machine Vs Hand Sewing

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who prefers hand sewing to machine sewing?

• Machine sewing
    • Hand sewing

My business www.greenmanleather.ca is in the blue print phase of working on a leather bench tool created for leather hand sewing users. I am simply interested to know if you prefer using a machine or handsewing!

From getting er done to taking your time to ensure everystich is perfect which are YOU?

Many thanks for all your input!

I'd prefer machine sewing if I knew there was one available I could use both safely and effectively. But anything that'd make hand sewing easier first and quicker second, I'm all for.

What do you have in mind?

God Bless, Ray

I am not able to state what Green Man Leather Inc is creating as we are still in the blueprint and designing phase. What I can tell you is Hand sewing will become much easier!

I am not able to state what Green Man Leather Inc is creating as we are still in the blueprint and designing phase. What I can tell you is Hand sewing will become much easier!

Can you divulge an approximate ETA on a prototype, and rather Green Man Leather Inc will be using Beta field testers?

God Bless, Ray

I used to do leather lacing and hand sewing on my stuff. Today I do machine sewing for most. Why, because years ago I broke my wrist in an accident and still have bone chips floating in the wrist. There are somethings that I just can not do anymore by hand and least not a lot of. I will still do some lacing, but only for special people.

So don't forget about us folks that have a disability.

BillB

For strength and looks, I much prefer hand sewing. But for speed, then machines are the way to go.

I still hand sew buckles on belts etc, as I try not to use rivets and have not found an acceptable way to use the machine.

Excellent thoughts folks, Keep them coming! No we will not forget about the older or those with a disability! I agree there are some projects where hand stitching is the only way to go. But I also like my Adler it makes a fine stitch.

It all depends on what I'm working on and need to achieve. Even though I have a few sewing machines I still do a lot of hand sewing. I'm interested in what you have in mind..

My business www.greenmanleather.ca is in the blue print phase of working on a leather bench tool created for leather hand sewing users. I am simply interested to know if you prefer using a machine or handsewing!

From getting er done to taking your time to ensure everystich is perfect which are YOU?

Many thanks for all your input!

I was taught to hand stitch when I was a kid of about 17...........too many years ago to make me comfortable thinking about it. My teacher was an old WWI 'horse soldier', and a pretty demanding instructor. I hand stitch all of my stuff, except the very few instances that I will lace something. I like the looks of well done hand stitching, I enjoy doing it, and I know that it can be relied upon to last. Mike

We are looking to have the prototype made within the next 6 monthes. Takes a lot of time to work out all the cinks then have it made for us. I think hand sewing is a great route to go when doing short passes. Our design for the leather bench tool will help quicken the pace of hand sewing and improve on the the processes involved in hand sewing. We realize this is a competitive market to enter into we feel we have something quite inovative to have created! Like my uncle once said, "There are three types of people, one who watches it happen, One who makes it happen and the otehr who says WHAT happened!" Which one are you?

I like the looks of well done hand stitching, I enjoy doing it, and I know that it can be relied upon to last. Mike

My sentiments exactly!

I don't have a sewing machine, and have nerve damage in my right hand from diabetes. I am def. interested in anything that will make hand sewiong easier and faster. Billy P