David

David Theobald and Beezachoppa joint project

Some weeks back, I was commissioned to do a Bear Paw seat....I'll post a couple pics in case you don't remember. As I was finishing it up, the customer added a p-pad to the order. Well, that means a wet molded project which is not exactly my fortee (that means I just never do wet molding). So, I contacted the best guy I know for the job....Roger Harris... aka Beezachoppa. Here is our result for the project.

Dave Theobald

IMG_1140.JPG

DSC04154.jpg

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

post-5652-1214751288_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1214751370_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1214751384_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1214751395_thumb.jpg

Love the coloring..............

dyes and no Antiquing ? is that right.?

Love the coloring..............

dyes and no Antiquing ? is that right.?

The dye is Fiebings black edge followed medium brown followed by Sheridan antiquing paste.

Dave Theobald

matched up well david, nice color.

it was a pleasure to help :cheers:

great set guys, i like i like :thumbsup:

darryl

You can't buy that kind of teamwork.

Great set, someone's going to be right proud.

David,

Nice work as usual. Where is the extra lace on the pad ? I looked at it

and thought something does not look quite right. Then it came to me the

extra row of lace was not on the pad.

WINDY

David,

Nice work as usual. Where is the extra lace on the pad ? I looked at it

and thought something does not look quite right. Then it came to me the

extra row of lace was not on the pad.

WINDY

david felt that the extra lacing would be too much on the p-pad.

the passenger would also be sitting on that lace as it would of been on top and would be uncomfortable for sure

david felt that the extra lacing would be too much on the p-pad.

the passenger would also be sitting on that lace as it would of been on top and would be uncomfortable for sure

Ahhhhhhhhh

Very good looking and how fun a joint project must be. Great lacing as usual, I sure know who got me hooked on to applique lacing.

Tom

Very nice work guys! beautiful color

Very nice work guys! beautiful color

Thanks Tom!

This was my first joint project.....I think Roger has done several...but it was a good experience and I think we are both happy with the way it turned out.

Dave Theobald

Some weeks back, I was commissioned to do a Bear Paw seat....I'll post a couple pics in case you don't remember. As I was finishing it up, the customer added a p-pad to the order. Well, that means a wet molded project which is not exactly my fortee (that means I just never do wet molding). So, I contacted the best guy I know for the job....Roger Harris... aka Beezachoppa. Here is our result for the project.

Dave Theobald

It's a great combo. Two of the best seat makers I always look up to.

Great.

I, also, believe that the lace serves a purpose on the seat, as David does not wet form there would be slack in the leather over that contour on the front. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the laced seam takes up that slack to help the leather fit the shape of the seat. Vey nice work, from both of you.

David, I finally got to see quite a bit of your work up close this summer, both at the smoke out and the Greasebag jamboree. ( David actually donated a seat for raffle and sponsored a trophy for the show)

There must have been 10 or so bikes with your seats on them at the smokeout. I was not disappointed. All very impressive.

Roger, missed you at the SO this year, Spoke to your friend on sunday. Hope all is well, See you next year?

John

I, also, believe that the lace serves a purpose on the seat, as David does not wet form there would be slack in the leather over that contour on the front. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the laced seam takes up that slack to help the leather fit the shape of the seat. Vey nice work, from both of you.David, I finally got to see quite a bit of your work up close this summer, both at the smoke out and the Greasebag jamboree. ( David actually donated a seat for raffle and sponsored a trophy for the show)There must have been 10 or so bikes with your seats on them at the smokeout. I was not disappointed. All very impressive.Roger, missed you at the SO this year, Spoke to your friend on sunday. Hope all is well, See you next year?John

Hey John,Great to hear that my seats were so well represented at the Smokeout....I didn't realize I would have so many there. While that front lace LOOKS like it is intended to take up slack around the sharp bend in the nose....it is actually is just decoration. Thanks for looking at it.

Dave Theobald

Roger,The customer for this seat was delighted with it.Thanks again.

David Theobald

Edited by David

Roger, missed you at the SO this year, Spoke to your friend on sunday. Hope all is well, See you next year?

John

yea... it was not easy to miss it this year! hope to be there next year. first order of business is to get the chop painted and back together.

Roger,The customer for this seat was delighted with it.Thanks again.

David Theobald

good to hear david. glad i could help out