it sews just what to fine tune it ,know where to oil it ,and cleaning it,the fly wheel has. leicester and london great brittain pearson and bennion ltd makers the john o'flaherty co. montreal sole agent. no.4 l 09. i have been looking and i have not found one like it yet, the closest i have found is a pearson no.6 . stitcher . i also just bought an alder 67, i am wanting to sew more heavy things, i have sewn alot of years.any help i want , thankspost-38109-0-81550500-1358465293_thumb.jpost-38109-0-05515400-1358465373_thumb.jpost-38109-0-52601000-1358465440_thumb.jpost-38109-0-18746700-1358465476_thumb.j

I'll be of no help identifying it, but is sure looks nice, good find.

Jeremy

Excellent find. I am intensely envious :-)

It's not a No.6 and it doesn't look like the No.2 I have. It also doesn't look anything like the No.4 in the catalogue that was posted on here a while ago, so I'm not sure.

If you look at the parts they should have part numbers and a model abbreviation cast into them - the No.6 parts all have "HM6" for example. That should tell you what it is.

thanks, i will keep looking for answers . i have been looking on the machine with a flash light and not found any numbers yet, just got needles and thread going out to day to play with it ,tyi to adjust it ,but i really dont what to mess it up. because it is sewing.does any body know what a fair price would be to buy a machine like this, not looking to sell.just wanted to know if i got it right.

in many respects it sort of looks like a BUSM #4 .....but that is a needle and awl machine.

could have been the predecessor

post-5246-0-61357500-1358586385_thumb.jp

post-5246-0-38580600-1358586410_thumb.jp

Edited by gordond

HI, I have had two of these machines, basically they will sew close to the thickness of a No 6. The treadle is the No 6 original treadle before the one we mostly see. The bobbin is smaller than the No 6. I have a fair bit of BUSMC catalogue and articles but nothing on this particular machine. The best I can say is that it is half way between a No 2 and a No 6, perhaps the fore runner of the No 6 as we now know it. The ones I had stitched beautifully.

In Australia I would value this machine as per the No 6, ie $3500.

Regards Steve

thanks, i looked for any number stamped on the machine and i found one that goes with the one on the fly wheel it is 4109, i got it from an amish man we know, and he got it at an auction.i guess the best that i can do is mark the settings before i move them to try to adjust it, the needle it thats i found out is a 331lr or 794, its the biggest needle i have ever used.the thread i got white for now so i can see it better to adjust the machine, tried to match what was on it , threating the machine i hope i got ,the bobbin and shuttle i am not sure why there is three hole but i put it in the biggest on and that seamed to work,the work that when into making these machine. is just a mazing.and to still be running to day, try that with some of the machines today,not to say when i sew on my singer of today it walks away while i am sewing ,i dont think i will have that happen with this one ,lol thanks again for the help,some where i read that they use a machine like this to make tugs straps on harness.now thats sewing some thick leather,i dont think i will be doing that any time soon, but who knows,my husband and i have two big draft horse the old style,shorter and fat. and we have a pair of mini ox, will i call them that .they are half ashyire and dexter, raise on the bottle , they are going to be 2.never done it before have them started on ox yoke, so you never know may have to use this machine some day to fix the harness.have a good day,

Hi,

don't know if it helps but theres something similar on ebay . de

Stands out as it has a boot hanging off the cylinder arm!!

Cheers

Dave

thanks i will look, with the needles for this machine is there a right way to put them in, do they have a front and back, and when you but the bobbin in the shuttle boat does the bobbin go in with thread on top with coming at me or on bottom a way from me .had to take it out to show the imish to get some more and now i do not remember how it goes in , me bad,there was a time i could have remembered .not no more

HI, the machine on ebay.de was a durkopp or similar shoe patcher, I guess from a distance the design is similar. You thread the needle the same was as the needle feed number 6, ie front to back. Regards Steve