Sign in to follow this  
CustomDoug

Waterhouse Leather Bridle Hides ?

Wow I just came to realize that Waterhouse Leather offers free shipping for orders over $100 ...... what?!!!, that alone seems like a great reason to give them some business. But then apparently they also offer a 5% discount to members of this forum (is that still on?). So I was wondering if anyone can comment on their leathers? I'm particularly interested in the Bridle leather hides, if anyone has any experience with it. How does it compare with others, etc? Do they offer any services like skiving, etc?

Edited by CustomDoug

I use the bridle sides from them, very good sides, even weight, good size, they're typically clean sides and they get them out to you pretty quick!

-Andrew

Wow I just came to realize that Waterhouse Leather offers free shipping for orders over $100 ...... what?!!!, that alone seems like a great reason to give them some business. But then apparently they also offer a 5% discount to members of this forum (is that still on?). So I was wondering if anyone can comment on their leathers? I'm particularly interested in the Bridle leather hides, if anyone has any experience with it. How does it compare with others, etc? Do they offer any services like skiving, etc?

I haven't used the bridle leather, but i've bought many veg tan hides from them in different weights. sometimes they offer veg tan at a great discount. i bought a water buffalo,

embossed ostrich, and embossed gator cowhide from them also. good prices. also water buff belt blanks. that water buff leather is good looking leather.

I'm by no means a power user of bridle leather but I have purchased several sides of it from Waterhouse and also Weaver(cahill tannery?). I like the Waterhouse bridle better. It seems to have a nicer finish and overall cleaner but the difference isn't dramatic.

I can't say what other services Waterhouse offers but the owner is always willing to answer questions and seems very knowledgeable about the leather he has. Waterhouse has become my supplier of choice. My expectations have always been met with every order I've placed with them. My last order was about 2 weeks ago and the leatherworker.net discount worked just fine.

Call em up and ask for some samples.

Edited by jeeperaz