SITTINGUPHIGH1

Has anyone used Hadlock & Fox Saddle trees?

Do Hadlock & Fox Saddle trees fit well and have good strength?

Do Hadlock & Fox Saddle trees fit well and have good strength?

I am quite bias when it comes to saddle trees, I only use top quality custom trees made of wood and covered with rawhide, there is nothing better in my opinion.

So I have only seen a couple trees from the maker you are asking about and in comparison to what I normally see in the trees I use, I don't think the trees you mention would even make decent firewood for me.

I saw a tree two weeks ago that I wouldn't put on a rocking horse!

Elton!

(...laughing...) That's really funny!

Bob

No, it was a hadlock that a friend of mine got through another friend.

I had one roping tree that was a rocking horse, others that were tolerable. I have also retreed some barrel saddles that the originals had come from them. The duplicates were all pretty decent trees for what they were, and no problems. They wouldn't be my first choice today. With the companies using them wanting to compete on price and needing quantity, they have to. I haven't dealt with them since they moved the outfit to Del Rio.

The one H&F I saw was pretty coarse. Compare it to the Ben Swanke, Bill Bean or even the Timberline I have in the shop right now and it's not one I would pick out of the pile.

Just one guy's opinion.

Now guys don't hold back. Tell what you really feel about H&F trees. LOL :rofl:

I guess when your raised on champagne beer just doesn't measure up.

Is it the looks. Or the fit. Or the construction. That you guys dislike about H&F Saddle trees. And that a under statement.

I only have seen one in a picture. It looked a little odd.

Is it the looks. Or the fit. Or the construction. That you guys dislike about H&F Saddle trees. And that a under statement.

it is all the above

I think you have to look at your price point, your market. If you are aiming at the high dollar market, then you will want to use the custom tree guys mentioned above. If you are looking for a cash cow product that you can pound out quick and keep the price down, then there are several options available. I haven't built on a H&F tree, but I have seen some examples at the shows and talked with the guy. They build a LOT of trees. The ones they had there looked about like Bowden trees as far as a quick visual inspection can tell.

Edited by Go2Tex

I know I'm a bit late here but does anyone know if the quality of H&F trees has changed much since this thread was first started??