K-Man

Any Interest?

I had this pair of edge slickers made up to mimic what I use on my ryobi grinder machine. My edge slicker tool is much larger (on both sides). These are the sizes that I use most often in slicking the edges on my work. These can be chucked into a hand drill or drill press. These are made from aluminum.

EdgeSlickers.jpg

This is a sample of the edges I'm able to achieve with them:

MPCompact1.jpg

CowboyKnifeSheath1a.jpg

R9BurlGrip1.jpg

I have the opportunity to have these made up and offer them to the members here. The price would be $22.50/each plus shipping.

:whatdoyouthink:

:sign23:

I'd be interested in two if they can be made to fit a rotary tool. The spindle would need to be between 1/8" and 5/32" in thickness.

ed

Are those birdseye maple grips in that third photo??? WOWzers, those are gorgeous...... would love to know where they came from :)

Oh, yeah, also interested in the slickers - please shoot me a PM regarding pricing!

Thanks,

Kate

Edited by Kate

I think you've figured out a niche - supplying us new timers.

I'm interested for sure. Let me think about it. When do you need to know?

I think you've figured out a niche - supplying us new timers.

I'm interested for sure. Let me think about it. When do you need to know?

Right this very minute. :) Just kidding. Let me know whenever you're ready.

Are those birdseye maple grips in that third photo??? WOWzers, those are gorgeous...... would love to know where they came from :)

Oh, yeah, also interested in the slickers - please shoot me a PM regarding pricing!

Thanks,

Kate

Kate:

Yes, that is birdseye maple. We made those grips for that gun. To my knowledge, we've been the only ones able to make actual wood grips for it. We're in the process of making some for the same gun from some afzelia burl - very similar to the amboyna burl I had Ed/Bear Man make my mauls from.

I'll send you a pm on the pricing for the edge slickers. (It is mentioned though in my original posting - $22.50/each plus shipping).

I'd be interested in two if they can be made to fit a rotary tool. The spindle would need to be between 1/8" and 5/32" in thickness.

ed

Ed:

We'll be able to do the smaller diameter of spindle for them. However, we're going to have to use a different material to ensure durability of the spindle. The aluminum would most likely bend at that small of a diameter. That being said, there may be a price difference for making them in this way. I've put an inquiry in with the maker with respect to that, and should hear something back fairly soon. I'll post the results as soon as the info is available.

Edited by K-Man

I machine parts and run a big CNC shop and had thought of using aluminum for slicking but decided against it. If you use compounds of any sort sooner or later you will start transfering aluminum oxide to the surface of your work.

It would be black while wet but would probably turn mottled grey after a while. What has been your experience so far?

Haven't experienced that, Larry. I've been using my own personal ones for about 2 years now. I've used a combination of beeswax and paraffin wax (merged together) on the edges of the leather, and recently started using fiebing's saddle soap.

I have been looking at these since KMan posted this. I am using Ivan's burnisher right now. I have turned some wooden ones for myself but not loaded them. However, I like the idea of metal burnishers and these look like they are very well machined. The price is good.

So KMan can you give me the total length of the burnishers and the length of the stem. Also what are the cove diameters? Can we specify cove and depth or is it a standard for all of the burnishers?

Thx!

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Edited by Bree

I have Ivan's burnisher, cotton canvas, exotic hard wood slicker for drill press, and exotic hard wood burnishers on 1/8" spindles for the dremel/rotary tools.

In the world of burnishing, it's nice to have options.

Ideally , I'd like to use these aluminum burnishers with both my rotary tool and a drill press, though preference is for the rotary tool, and for a burnisher with core diameter between 1" and 3/4".

I like the idea of having one burnisher for the thinner leathers one to two layers of 3/4oz to 5/6 oz and one for three layers of 5/6 oz.

Ed

K man id like to get on the list for one of these. Rick

I also would be interested in both sizes. Can you tell me what size the shank(shaft) size is.

Thanks

Charles

Any chance of getting them sent to Canada, without costing an arm and a leg??? :whatdoyouthink:

Daniel Somerville

Right this very minute. :) Just kidding. Let me know whenever you're ready.

Kevin. I'm going to have to take a pass this time. I'm really pinching my belt this month and this wouldn't be a "necessary" item :blush:

Maybe another time

Thanks!

Bree: The overall length of the burnishers, with shaft, is 3 1/8". I don't have the tools to measure the depth of the coves. I can say that it increases slightly in depth as you move up in width.

iwannabeacowboy: The diameter of the shaft/spindle is 3/8"; the length is 1".

rickeyfro: Send me a pm and we can get you in line for one or both, however you would like to do that.

DanielSomerville: Send me a pm with your shipping address and I can provide you with a quote on the shipping. Shouldn't be too much, as the package weight is less than a pound.

Shorts: No problem. Give me a shout if you have any questions.

ed

Ed:

We can make it for a spindle in that size in order to fit in a rotary tool. The price would be the same - $22.50/each.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hey Kevin. I just now found this post or I would have answered sooner. I know cost would be much higher, but what are the odds of getting these made in stainless as a one off?

K-Man Nice looking edgers

Can you turn them with a 1/2" drive shaft? I use 1725 RPM motor that has a 1/2" coupling on the shaft, it would be a snap to put on one of your bunisher with a 1/2" shaft.

Thanks Sunderland

Everyone -

I'm sorry to say that some unforseen issues have come up that will delay our being able to offer these at this time. I'll post a message when we're able to offer them again. Thanks for your understanding.