Spider

Not Leatherwork but Leatherworking....

:thumbsup: Here is a pic of my boy and I doing what we all love to do. He will be 3 in July and he is my reason I don't do more leather stuff than I do. I love spending time with him and as much as I love leatherworking he comes first...unless I can get him to do it also.

Spider___Boy.JPG

post-5519-1207694740_thumb.jpg

That's one cute kid Spider. We may be looking at a future Leather Star. Just remember to pay better than minimum, and he might stay working with you...lol

Great - love the photo,

make sure to make a print or two of it and frame it for him,

he will come to cherish it when he gets older!

steveb

Outstanding Spider!!! What a great way to Pay it Forward!

Keep it up.....he will appreciate the little things when he gets older!

Spider, that's a great picture of you and your son. It's so nice to see the arts being handed down to the next generation here on this forum by people like you. Keep teaching him and helping him learn, and he will always cherish those times spent with "Dad" pounding leather.

Ken

sooo cute... another leatherworker in the making

Thank you everyone. I love hearing that some of us have our kids working with us and some of you all have posted some great works by your kids. I want to keep my boy close to me in every way I can. At least while I can.

yo spider very cooooooooool pic of you and your son nice one little spider keep it up bob (walletman) :You_Rock_Emoticon::red_bandana:

yo spider very cooooooooool pic of you and your son nice one little spider keep it up bob (walletman) :You_Rock_Emoticon::red_bandana:

Thanks Bob,

Now if I could just teach him to draw skulls and tool inside the lines...lol

Nice touch Spider!! Your son is really pounding on, a good photo that shows us your sincere devotion.

Doesn't it look like he's walking the tool already?? That's fast learning!

My son's ten and have actually began to draw cartoons again (there's been alot of nintendo DS lately) and has also began to come in to my working room and showing a little interest so I gotta have a sitting with him soon.

Tom

Very cool Spider. mine waxes and wanes on the leather so far. I won't push, but I hope he takes to it like your little guy. as far as staying inside the lines, well what can I say? the lil acorn doesn't fall far from the tree does it? (wink).(thinking outside the box that is)

:red_bandana:  Damn Homes,

You have a table to work on. You're stylin! Me on the other hand have a makeshift set up in my bedroom. I found out a long time ago that I could insert a 18"x!8" piece of old countertop between the top of the drawer in dresser bureau and the underside of my of the top. Works great!  On the other hand I would die to get a good solid bench with an inset slab of Granite maybe 2'x6'.  I would die to have Ann and Al Stohlmans old workshop from Canada. But then wouldn't we all. HA! Give the little guy time. He will be able to get the skulls down! Probably better than both of us.

Storm

They grow up so fast that you have to take these moments and cherish them. Great pic of the 2 of you.

nice looking boy you got there. I love it when my son comes in and sits with me. Though lately I have been pressed to get some customer work done, so I have had to shoo him out. Maybe I will make it up to him this weekend and do a project with him. Maybe something with a spider in it... hmmmmm.

That's funny. It reminded me of my 4 year old daughter the other day, i was laying something out, and she pulled up a chair to help. I ended up holding the stamp or whatever it was i had and she got to swing the 2 lb maul, it only took about two good hits to the hand before i found something else for her to do.

That is just too cool, be proud.

DSCF7145.JPG

You got to start them early :). Right on brother....

post-6326-1207768185_thumb.jpg

DSCF7145.JPG

You got to start them early :) . Right on brother....

Yeah BABY!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Just like when others share they're kids work. Or when Leathercat shows her stuff and we know Roo is responsible. Just plain awesome.

Yeah rsg3, I've tried the holding the tool for him but it defeats the purpose of sitting him by me. To let me work too. Not to mention it does hurt after a while. :censored2:

Spider

That's about the age I started "Helping" Dad, In the Shop. He had a pc of rubber on a steel bench where he worked on boots. It was about 1/4" thick and I used to pound nails and clinch them on the steel. Then it would take him hours to pull them out. I still work with him about 2 hours every day after my "other job", 28 yrs later. He doesn't let me pound nails in his bench anymore though!!

Spider, that's awesome! What a great way to spend time with someone you love, and doing something you love too!

~Tammy

that's awesome! i'm first generation (still a kid myself i've been told lol) , but i've got a pretty strong feeling my kid will learn at a young age too :)